Does anyone else just want to stay in bed???

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
sking718

Post by sking718 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:45 pm

It's like I want to sleep all the time. I sleep 10-12 hours per night and still wake up feeling tired----I wake up and just lay there---don't want to get up. It's not that I don't have a reason to get up----I own two businesses. I just don't have the drive or energy to do anything.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Yes, I can totally relate. This didn't really start for me until my doctor kept upping the dosage on my meds. It's like I can't get enough sleep. And I end up not taking care of priorities, and feel really guilty, and like a slob, but it feels so good to lay down.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:26 am

I'm sorry that you're having the same feelings. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:11 am

I can understand what you are saying when you talk about wanting to stay in bed. I am that way myself. In fact, I am at my happiest state when I am in bed asleep. Right now I am having a problem dealing with two major issues that are causing me to be depressed. The first issue is having recently become disabled, and secondly, I have an immediate family that treats me like I do not even exist. Being depressed most of the time, it is no wonder that I feel tired as often as I do during the hours that I am awake. Even though I bought the program a couple years ago, I never got around to starting it due to my tendency to be a workaholic--right up to the time I became disabled. Now that I have my disability retirement, I intend to make it a point to go through the program. Thanks for listening!

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:00 am

JH, I'm so sorry to read about your disability. I can't imagine how hard that is for you. I have a friend who became paralized 3 yrs ago. At first, he was ANGRY---but he learned to "deal" with his disability. Now, he doesn't let a fly lite on him! Secondly, people will treat you ONLY how you allow them to. Good luck on the program

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:53 am

My bed is my 'safe place'...
I know exactly how you feel...

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Yes I do stay in bed a lot.I m not able to bring myself to do a thing right now,That's the way it right now,I listen to the tapes and do the relaxation tape.I've a world of reason's to be depressed and don't see light at the end of the tunnel.So what now?

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Where are you from in new England? I'm from Vt. I love it there but haven't the funds to return or i'd get out of this god-forsaken place. I hate california! :(

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:12 am

My bed has become my enemy, I cannot sleep and wake very early if I do.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:42 pm

OMG, I thought I was the only sleepyhead???
Glad to see I am not alone. OH...my bed is so comfortable, OH....I feel like all my problems just melt away under my covers and my tons of pillows!!!! I do sleep well, I get into REM sleep without difficulty....BUT MAN when I am in it, I am part of it. I was born tired. I went to doctors for being tired all the time and they never found anything wrong. BUT oh, I just love to sleep!!!!! creamcheesepuff