Depression

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
evelia

Post by evelia » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:43 am

I have no motivation to do anything. I feel sad all the time and do not want to go anywhere.

Vely

SoWhatif

Post by SoWhatif » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:47 pm

That is a very trashy feeling I agree.

What has taken all your fire in the stove and put it out? Why are you angry?
Is it the job, age, grief, drugs, bad marrage?

Do you eat properly? Do you exercise?

I feel like the retired master sargent become counsler with all these questions.
Deperession can be beat. I am proof and so will you be also.

So whats for breakfast?

struggling Christian

Post by struggling Christian » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:51 pm

I feel the same way. I am trying to force myself to go places and clean up a little around the house but it's not easy. It is a daily struggle. You are not alone.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Its the season...and the short days. The days are suppose to get longer on the 22nd. Get your face into some sunlight! :) How are you doing since you last post this? :) Paislee

evelia

Post by evelia » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for your replies. I still feel the same and struggle everyday trying to snap out of this. It's a horrible feeling. I don't want to go anywhere but force myself to go to work everyday. I get home and don't want to cook or clean. I cannot get into the mood to even watch T.V. The holidays are coming and I don't feel excited.

johnny77

Post by johnny77 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:18 am

Hello. I too suffer with deppression. I understand not being motivated to do anything. When i first was hit with this major deppression i felt like i had to drag myself to work or to do anything at all. you feel paralyzed, however getting busy and trying to live a normal life even if you dont feel like seems to help over time. It works for me in fact I sometimes try too hard to keep busy! To keep my mind off things.I still have major deppression but this is a start. Force your self to have fun too!In time you start to enjoy things.

SoWhatif

Post by SoWhatif » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:53 pm

SoWhatif-- Nice video :)

Evelia--How are you doing now?

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:25 pm

Hello Evelia:

You are not alone.

I have been suffering from anxiety/depression/stress for several years and I even had a breakdown in 2007 and had to be hospitalized. Are you seeing a doctor for your depression ? I am only asking this because I did not see any doctors until I hit rock bottom and ended up in the hospital. After I was discharged from the hospital I saw a psychiatrist and I was prescribed medications to help me. I know a lot of people are against the medications for depression, but these medications and my doctor helped me to have the will to live again and to eventually improve my life.

It isn't easy at first, but a lot of these things help.....exercise, eating properly, getting some sunshine, interacting with people, volunteering, starting a project, write a letter, make a phone call to someone, join a club or group and get involved in something you really feel passionate about, read a great book, watch a good comedy on television and laugh out loud even if you are by yourself, get outside of your house or apartment, talk to someone.

When you get your mind off of yourself and how sad you feel and get yourself into doing something else you will really start feeling better. Just take "baby steps" and good things will begin to happen. You still may experience highs and lows, everybody does. Love yourself, you are a great person, an important person and you deserve to be happy and healthy.

I was doin' okay until December came along, and
then I just got the "blues". I am at the point in my life that I have the tools and the knowledge to help myself,to have a more productive and happier life, but I have to put them into action in order for them to work ! I can detect the signs of a panic attack. I can feel depression when it starts coming on.

Please write us back and tell us how you are doing, that is what this Peer Support Group is here for. Are you working on the Program ? What Session are you working on? I have been on Session Six forever, but I think I can get over that hurdle and move on to Session Seven at the beginning of the New Year. And don't forget, 2011 is going to rock !

Lynda Lu

Geneva1968

Post by Geneva1968 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:56 am

I am also here for my depression. I have to force myself to do my day. I've been struggling with depression off and on since childhood. I am sick of having to get help for myself! I can relate to not feeling motivated. You are not alone.