Its been a long road

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
maryLa

Post by maryLa » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:32 am

Hi everyone. Up until around 2001, I was a healthy, energetic,always on the go, happy person with tons of friends. Now, I am in severe pain most of the time, have no energy at all, very unhappy, friends and going places just take too much energy. In 2001, I was in a head-on collision. Thank God, my injuries were not life threatening. Since then, I have lived with pain. I was already depressed before that, but pretty kept that under control with medication. Most of my pain was in my back, neck and hips. I went to all kinds of Drs. and had all kinds of things injected into my back. None of it helped. Then after awhile, I realized I hurt everywhere and was eventually diagnosed with Fibro. I am now taking 60 mgs. of Morphine and 400 Mgs. of Ultram and 300 mgs.Wellbutrin a day in order to be able to work. Even with that, I have had to cut back to 4 days a week, so my financial situation is Bad. I hear mostly about anxiety on here, but that is not one of the problems I have. I guess I don't really have a question, just wonder what you do when you can no longer work (and I'm getting there) and have no one to take care of you. I can't file for disability because I still work. I can't stop working because I will be homeless.

ANGEL2

Post by ANGEL2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:54 am

:( Dear maryLa:
<span class="ev_code_RED">GOD BLEEEEEEESSSSS!</span> Iam on disability(Social Security) for 20 years now.My mother worked for Social Security Administration for many years.She suggests you 1-Watch Dr.OZ IN abc(maybe log into his website,his first name is MEHMET) 2-Buy a book about Fibromyalgia 3-Go to your local Social Security Administration Office(PERSONALLY)maybe you could apply for 3 or 6 months of disability 4-Go personally to your Health Department Office-I imagine must be Government-and get info and connected.If I can be of any assistance don't hesitate to post a response in this forum-I'LL answer back.ANGEL2

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Dear MaryLa,
I'm so sorry too. You are definitely in a bad situation that is very trying indeed. I send my prayers to you that you will find better days ahead and that your pain will subside someway, somehow. HUGS, Paisleegreen