New to this forum

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
MWCGirl

Post by MWCGirl » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:06 am

Hello! My name is Roxanne and I'm new to this forum. I am suffering from many problems and I am so glad I found Lucinda Bassett's program on television to help me overcome them.

First of all, like Lucinda did, I suffer from extreme anxiety. In addition, I am diagnosed with having schizoaffective disorder (bipolar I disorder with psychotic features), poor body self-image, post-traumatic stress disorder, and at one point, chronic fatigue syndrome. As you can see, it is really tough being me.

I was wondering, does anyone want to be buddies so we can support each other in completing this whole program? It is really a challenge! I live at home with my parents and it's not easy being with them. My mother shoves medication down my throat and my father can be a total jerk because he is verbally abusive. He always laughs at me and calls me "crazy". He doesn't respect women at all and thinks it's okay for my younger brothers to curse me and treat me like garbage. My brother who is one year younger than me even hit me because he learned this behavior from my father! My mother thinks it's okay for a man to hit a woman, but it's not. My father hit her one time and if that was me, I always tell my mom all the time I'd divorce him.

It's embarrassing to talk about these things. It seems the whole world is against me. My sister who is older than me by one year counsels with the next door neighbor about me because she is insecure about her looks. We don't get along because she hates me because I am a pretty and nice girl. She is always jealous and calling the police on me saying I assaulted her. She definitely needs to see a therapist.

So, because of these problems, I have very low self-esteem. I am newly married and I love my husband to death. I want him to stay with me, but it will take a lot of hard work on my part to keep him happy. He doesn't like that I am so negative and unhappy and suffering from anxiety.

I don't know how to cook or sew because my mother is too busy helping my aunt (who is like nearly 50) with everything and doesn't want to help me. It's hard living at home and I want to get to a point where I am no longer afraid to drive or get a job or worried about what other people think about me. I need CONFIDENCE!

I think we can all work together as a team to complete this long program together. If anyone wants to join in on my mission, just reply to this message or send me a private message so we can be buddies. Hope everyone in here comes out a winner! We deserve it after suffering for so long.

Thanks! (Also, I have anger issues...so anyone who knows how to control their temper please be my friend). Take care and God bless everyone...we can do this!

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi MWCGirl,
I like your idea of supporting each other as we go thru this program. I have found very nice people willing to listen and help.
I can imagine how difficult it must be for you, however with this program you will learn that you have the power to overcome a lot of your difficulties.
Have a wonderful day.
Hope
"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, it empties today of its strength." – Unknown

Chrissy30

Post by Chrissy30 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:01 pm

I just want to know how people are liking this program cause Im not so sure its gonna help and Im already frustrated with it.

MWCGirl

Post by MWCGirl » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:56 am

mcshope...thanks for the words of encouragement. I hope we can become friends. I really think this program can work...it just takes a lot of effort on our parts to make it a reality. I know it's A LOT of information, but if you steadily do a little each day, you will be on your way to making your dreams a reality.

I know I have very low confidence so it would be great to just motivate each other. You guy can call me "Cindy". That's what most of my friends call me. Take care and please write back soon...we have A LOT of work to do!

brothamanjyro

Post by brothamanjyro » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:05 am

Hi, my name is Mario. I wanna tell you that I a.m. willing to be there for you if you need someone. I know thaat I need someone to reach out and help me through this program. Also, I think this is a good way of getting out of doing the normal thing, such as; stressing over the little things in our minds, or just sitting there waisting time when we could be active just like we are now.

But, I hear you, and I hope things get better for you