session three

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
helen48

Post by helen48 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:15 am

I am just finishing session 3. When I start to feel 'a little tiny bit less depressed', I begin to feel fearful that if I get 'happier', I'll get more disappointed and go down into a depression again. This depression hit me hard about a month ago - for no current reason. I have been in years of psychotherapy and learned that I definitely pull 'bad' things/memories/events off the 'shelf' so that I can get depressed, ...IT HAPPENS WHEN I'M FEELING GOOD, NORMAL AND THINKING 'HEY, MAYBE I'M DONE WITH IT!!"....so that's what I did...I'm in my 70's now and healthy, and this time feels worse for me. I am working on this program daily.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:14 pm

I've had depression off and on for 6 years then it became an everyday occurence since 2004. I would say things just to make me feel sorry for myself which in turn would make me depressed. I was miserable and irritable most of the time driving evreryone around me crazy. When I got this program things started to turn around for me during session 3 which your in now.This session along with session 2 are the cornerstones for this program. The positive self talk changed my thinking around. Instead of feeling sorry for myself I started telling myself things like I deserve to be happy, I am healthy, I will not quit etc... and I haven't had a depressed episode in 8 weeks now. It's really important now to stick with the program especially when your at your worst. Just hang in there and you will begin to feel better. :)