"seasonal affective" but in the summer?

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Andrew C

Post by Andrew C » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:10 pm

:( Can anyone identify, my depression and anxiety are severe in the hotter months, June through August. I seem to stay indoors a lot more, skip my walks and bikerides, need 10 hours of sleep a night, and get severely depressed and anxious....when the weather goes below 80 degrees however, I'm a lot more self confident, sleep better, and not depressed or anxious! Does anyone else go through this? If so, what would you recommend? P.S. I LOVE winter!!! I've never been able to get a good Doctor's explanation to this problem/condition.
Thanks!

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:47 am

Maybe it's a related illness.
I've had dermatological problems for most of my life and about a year ago I found out it was caused by a severe allergy to nickel (which is everywhere and in every plant product).
I recently found out that warm temperatures aggravate the condition. I already knew that I get hugee blisters on my legs if I go out in warm (80's and above) weather without covering my legs, but I didn't know it had to do with this other medical condition. Now it makes more sense to me that I feel worse in warm weather and don't want to venture out of the air conditioning.

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:43 am

Thanks AnneC. Great info!

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:41 am

Andrew,
I also hate summer. I am an outdoors person who can not take the heat and bugs that summer offers. I get up before dawn in the summer so that I can be out as early as possible so the air is cooler and the bugs are not as bad. Have you tried this?