depression relapse

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
tommy_riley

Re: depression relapse

Post by tommy_riley » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:14 pm

This whole idea of us having to do trail-and-error with various anti-anxiety anti-depression medications is so messed up. I feel like I monkey on a string sometimes with all the changes in meds - so far there has been no one or two medications that have truely helped me, which didn't come with side effects that negated the positive results I was starting to see.

Hopefully this time will be different - I am trying to be patient with Welbutrin and BuSpar - would rather not be on either as I fear that the sexual side effects I have had with past medications may be present in these meds as well. And having sexual side effects is such a confidence killer for me!

I hope the best for you and that you can find balance with the meds you are taking. Seems like also a doctor should be either really able to diagnose you with bi-polar disorder or not - suspecting you "might" have bi-polar disorder seems a little fishy to me.

creamcheesepuff

Re: depression relapse

Post by creamcheesepuff » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Yes, Depression rears its ugly head often, its a full time job killing the beast. I went into somekind of mental block after I moved by myself from a childhood home I have know and lived in for over 40 years to another state. AND THE SNOW NEVER STOPS!!!!
You slump, you get sick, you cant function, you just want to sleep or eat all the time. Its the devil himself hitting your mind with depilitating thoughts. He loves to see you like this, he laughs and dances around you when you are just about to kill yourself.
As Ms. T Bones stresses....God is your answer. He will help you. Dont give up. Everyone is stronger in the willpower dept here than they know.
Think of this.......Did you ever have someone laugh at you inappropriately about something you took dead serious or didnt think was funny???? THATS THE DEVIL MAN.!!!!!!!!!