Anti social/low self esteem/depression/anxiety

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
brandonmississippi

Post by brandonmississippi » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Today was terrible. I just got severely depressed. I feel like no one likes me. I have trouble making friends, or even talking to people comfortably. I want to be normal(whatever that is.) I just hate being alone all of the time. I feel like i'm not good enough, and just get real nervous talking to women. Women want confident men, and how can I be confident when I can't look them in the eyes without being able to breathe? It's frustrating, and i'm sick of it. I want someone to care about me, other than just my family. I know that i'm supposed to care about myself first, but it's hard when I have no support from frinds/young people.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Try not looking at women as potential girlfriends, but as possible friends. Or, try not caring about them at all. Try talking to them without expecting them to like you, or dis like you. They're nothing. You won't let them determine your self-worth. They aren't that important to you.

Honestly, I had never had a date or anything by my senior year of high school. I stopped caring. I figured I'd be the old cat lady and I could stop worrying about a boy asking me out because it was never gonna happen. I landed a first date and a firt kiss and a first boyfriend in the next 2 months (2 different guys). The point is, I decided not to care what anyone else thought of me and I became me! Maybe that'll work. Forget them. Don't even try to get their numbers or even their names! Stop caring! Become you!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:59 am

Ha, interesting theory, but i'm 22 years old, and i'm a guy. I needs a woman. :). But I see what you mean about letting them determine my self worth. A lot of times i'll purposely avoid going in to places where pretty women are because i'm so scared they won't be nice to me. And when I do go in I guess I just expect them to toss me their number voluntarily. Messed up thinking, I know.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:37 am

I have all of the above; depression, anti-social and low selff esteem. Sounds like a quadruple symptom problem. Wish you lots of luck.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:14 pm

ihave all the above too.its really hard i understand its like ur stuck in a shell and u want to burst out right and just be you in front of anybody including ur friends and family all ur loved ones!imean everybody!!!!!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:18 pm

thats why i drink so much too ease the pain. when ur drunk it seems anything is possible.i almost had a bad drinking problem because of that but luckily i can control it.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:38 pm

MsPurple I love the way you make the point that there are girls going through the exact same self defeating thinking as guys! I didn't figure that out until I was about 20, but it was very liberating.
I would sit back and watch guys that I thought I'd like or even love, feeling depressed about being alone, when there were guys I actually had common interests with standing all around me. Realizing that they were just as awkward feeling as me really changed my life.