What can a negative person do

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
guitarrr

Post by guitarrr » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:36 am

I've been in a relationship with this girl for a couple months, and I guess a couple times I have just gotten annoyed at stuff. Yesterday I got annoyed that we were going to hang out with her sister and her b/f again, as we usually do. For some reason I forgot that we probably would. But then I got over that, and got frustrated when we couldn't find the place we were meeting them at, even though it wasn't me driving, it was my girlfriend. I know I do get stressed out easily, but it seems to her that I take it out on her or something which makes her more stressed out. Also, I just am kind of a negative person in general. I criticize a lot of stuff because I am cynical, but usually I criticize it like making fun of it, I'm not totally serious really that often. But she thinks since I criticize and get annoyed at so much other stuff so often, that I am hard to please and that I get annoyed at her that easily as well. It's not usually the case, but yesterday I was getting a little annoyed at her for some reason. What can I do? I mean, maybe we aren't meant for eachother, but I'm wondering if I would just get like that and turn off any girl that I went out with. I'm wanting to get off my medication also, and she expressed concern about how I would be off it, like that I would be even worse with getting annoyed and stuff. Can anybody relate to this?

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:57 am

hello, g - well, i'm a girl - i'm not on med., but, i ,too get short and angry at times, when i know i should be calm and relaxed , and just let little things "float", as lucinda would say - i guess just keep imprinting those 6 steps to control anger , over and over, 'til they're automatic - then when we're in these little, agrivating situations, we can remember the process, let go of anxiety, and change the neg. to positive ! - like they say, it's a process, baby steps, slow but steady ! - you'll do better - just stay focused ! - good luck, mj