Recovering or still symptoms of depression?

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Nugget28

Post by Nugget28 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:56 am

Hi everyone!
I am nugget28 and last March I started having panic attacks. For a couple of months I didn't know what I had. I would wake up everyday thinking I was going to die. I was in fear 24/7. I could not sleep and I didn't eat much. Finally when I discovered it were panic attacks (because of the programm). I began healing. I accepted my anxiety and the symptoms that came with it.
This programm has helped me so much!
I am now at the lesson about assertiveness and it is going really well. I am not having panic attacks anymore. Ones in a while I get some symptomes but I deal with it. Eventhough the programm has helped me a lot,I have a couple of things that I wanna talk to you about.

I used to be a person that would take a lot of things personally. If someone would say they didn't like my jacket I would feel bad and embarrassed , I could not take criticism very wel. Now I don't really care about what other people think. When someone makes a comment like that now I don't feel hurt or embarrassed as I used to.

Stuff that used to make me a little bit anxious like taking an exam or waiting for a call if I get the parttime job I applied for.

It feels like I don't care about these things as I used to because I am not getting anxious about them? I know it sounds weird.

Is this me recovering or are these symptomes of depression?
I hope someone has an idea.

estherbunny

Post by estherbunny » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Dear Nugget...Having read your post, it struck me that depression is, among other things, a loss of interest in everything. That is not how you describe what you are feeling. It sounded to me that you are just not letting things get to you, as thay once did, and I see that as a sign of being more "centered" and feeling like you are O.K. regardless of anyone else's opinion. Those are just my thoughts. Does if fit?

Brent K.

Post by Brent K. » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:04 am

That is a sign of you getting better, I wouldn't overthink it if I were you, that is always what gets us in trouble :)

You are on the right path, keep up the good work!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:35 am

I agree with the others, I feel that you are getting better as well. :) Hurray!