My life

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Jerree022

Post by Jerree022 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi all. I just started the program a couple of days ago. I have been depressed off and on for a majority of my life. This time Ive been severely depressed for almost 4 months now. Ive lost most of my will to live. I just broke up with my fiance in December. My anxiety levels in my relationship were off the charts. Yet I always seem to return to my home year after year all alone. My Psychologist said I am too much of a yes man. People especially relationships always end because they don't get to know me and then it all blows up and I'm right back to being alone again. Then the guilt sets in bad. Im now 43 and no where near where I thought I'd be. Is there anyone who can relate to me? I'm hoping the program can help me. I'm barely surviving. Thanks...........Jerry

MMH

Re: My life

Post by MMH » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:47 pm

The best way I can describe my bouts of depression is that I thought I was in a glass house and I knew there was a way out but I was stuck going from mirror to mirror. I would cry and be so frustrated. I would get upset about the smallest thing and just cry. I went to the doctor because I was having difficulty concentrating and difficulty focusing. It was affecting my job. Alot of my issues stem around perfectionism. I would get so upset with myself and get fixated on the mistake and I would make myself sick. I have done the program once and have slid back into my old negative thoughts. Anyway I went to the doctor and he put me on an antidepressant. I am going back and doing the program again. I am currently on Program 2. The medicine has been helping. Its been 2 weeks and I am hoping with medication and redoing the program that I will be over this for good and be at peace within myself. Keep your chin up and realize that there is a solution and give your self some time to recover. I am doing just that. You can do it, I believe in you! :idea: