My dog died

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
MrCleveland

Post by MrCleveland » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:11 am

This is sad because he had 14 years in life and he was part of my family.

I don't know if I can go over to my parents house This Christmas.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:19 am

I'm so sorry about your dog passing. I had to put my dog to sleep due to injury when he was only 9 years old. I miss him a lot!. So I understand how hard this can be for you. Was your dog living at your parents' house or your place?
Last edited by Paisleegreen on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrCleveland

Post by MrCleveland » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:24 am

Originally posted by Paisleegreen:
I'm so sorry about your dog passing. I had to put my to sleep due to injury when he was only 9 years old. I miss him a lot!. So I understand how hard this can be for you. Was your dog living at your parents' house or your place?
Parents House.

That's why I really don't want to be there after This Thanksgiving.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:44 am

Oh, that would be very hard. I guess you could work at that as being a "fear" or anxious moment to work through. You still have 25 days until that day happens. It will be sad...so you will have work on grieving your loss. I lost my son to suicide, Christmas was very difficult to go through and all the other "firsts" that you go through during the first year w/o a loved one or beloved pet. Hang in there...keep posting.

MrCleveland

Post by MrCleveland » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:28 am

Oh, that would be very hard. I guess you could work at that as being a "fear" or anxious moment to work through. You still have 25 days until that day happens. It will be sad...so you will have work on grieving your loss. I lost my son to suicide, Christmas was very difficult to go through and all the other "firsts" that you go through during the first year w/o a loved one or beloved pet. Hang in there...keep posting.
I will, it will mostly be about my parents but still...

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:11 am

So are you still working w/ your Dad then in his business?

MrCleveland

Post by MrCleveland » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:52 am

So are you still working w/ your Dad then in his business?
Not really...I just can't fit those shoes....

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:13 am

So do you have your own business?

creamcheese

Post by creamcheese » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:15 pm

MrCleveland.....Its one of the toughest things for someone to go through....I know....I am an animal lover. I have had many pets in the past that I had to let go. Dont be afraid to grieve and dont be afraid of what other people think....I dont. This is a family member, someone who was with you thick and thin, never complained, always greeted you with love and happiness. My prayers are with you. If you feel you dont want to celebrate the Holidays, thats quite ok, this was your best friend, your loving companion. Animals share a specialness with us on this earth. they are not at all like humans, their love is unconditional, no matter what. They dont care about how much money you have or what you look like in the morning or what latest fashion you are wearing. They just love you for who you are.
You are in my prayers......what was your dogs name?

THH

Post by THH » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Mr. Cleveland,
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I had to put my dog asleep 4 years ago. He was my buddy. My heart still misses him. I take comfort that one day we will meet again!
In the mean time, I have another dog now, it was hard not having one and after 4 months of no dog we got a puppy. It was such a bittersweet feeling. You will never replace your old friend, and you don't want to but there is alot of nice dogs out there needing someone to love. Maybe when the time is right, you will make a new friend with one of the puppies or dogs out there. My heart goes out to you. :-)