anti social,low self esteem,anxiety and depression

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Ronnie 1981

Post by Ronnie 1981 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:04 pm

today there were visitors in my house and i wanted to get to know them but i couldnt because i was afraid i was going to embarass myself in front of them or say somthing stupid. iwas really nervous around them so i just hid in my room to a safe place because i didnt want to feel uncomfortable.that made me really angry cause i couldnt feel at home in my own house.they were strangers though i dont even know thwm is it normal to feel that way or am i abnormal weird?

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi Ronnie,

I understand how you feel. It must be really hard to deal with all of the feelings you've described. To me, it sounds like you have social anxiety. You're not alone. Tons of people around the world also struggle with this problem. I also have a tendency to experience social anxiety, although not as severe. Still, I can imagine how it must feel for you. I'd suggest reading up on it to gain a better understanding of yourself.. you can find articles online or read a book about it. You could also do a search on this forum for it. Also, there's sort of a phenomenon going on on youtube, with people posting videos about their experience with social anxiety. It might be helpful to you to watch some of them, just to help you feel less alone in your struggle. Lastly, talking a therapist or counselor could prove to be beneficial. I think that's probably key in understanding why you feel the way you do and working to get through it. I'm not a professional, so I don't know for sure if this is your problem but doing some research on it yourself couldn't hurt. Just remember, there are plenty of other people who feel just like you.

Hope that helped. Peace.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:03 pm

:D You might want to give this websites stress and anxiety program a try. I been doing this program since this past may and it has made a world of difference in my life. I had everything from obsessive thoughts to depression and social anxiety. It was all out of control and I was a total wreck. This program saved my life. It consists of 15 sessions on cd's that deal with the reasons we feel the anxiety and depression and how to overcome it. It teaches you to stop thinking negatively and how to think positively about yourself and life in general.

In the past, I've seen a few therapists and none of them helped. My anxiety and depression kept getting worse until this program happened along. Just food for thought.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:22 am

thank u suzy blue and dominick i'll give it a try on all the things u guys have suggested.thank u for the support.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:16 pm

You sound a lot like I did when I first started the program Less than a year ago. I hated crowds and avoided them at all costs. I always felt like everyone was judging me or singling me out as eing weird or different in some way. And I hated to have anyone come into my house. I can't say that I never have any of these problems anymore, but I do know how to work through the fear and depression that comes with these feelings when they do occur.
In one of your post you asked, "Can anyone help me?" The answer is yes, you can help you.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:18 am

thnak you anne c

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:21 am

anne c r u talking about the attacking the anxiety and depression program?the one with 15 session cds? do u listen to them one by one or just the ones that relate to you?

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Yes I'm talking about the 15 sessons. It's really important to go through them all, in order at least once. Sometimes I go back to specific lessons now. And, like a lot of other people, I'm sure I will go through the whole program again at some future time. The first four lessons made a huge difference for me. It brought joy back into my life.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Ian new here. I suffer from depression.I just got my tapes.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:22 am

WELCOME, BRONZE - YOU'LL FIND THE PROGRAM TO BE WONDERFULLY HELPFUL AND SUPPORTIVE - JUST WHAT WE ALL NEED ! - YOU'RE NOT ALONE - WORK HARD ON YOUR NEW SKILLS, BELIEVE AND YOU WILL ACHIEVE ! - DON'T EXPECT MIRACLES IMMEDIATELY, BUT WITH TIME, YOU WILL RECOVER STEP BY STEP - THEY'LL BE "KINKS" ALONG THE ROAD, BUT DON'T STOP, DON'T QUIT ! - YOU CAN DO IT - YOU ARE VALUABLE AND UNIQUE ! - WE ALL ARE - STAY TOUGH ! - MJ