2010 is the worst year ever!

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
MrCleveland

Post by MrCleveland » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:58 am

I have to say that 2010 is the worst year ever!

My old man is STILL bugging me, my dog died, and it seems that I've been dug deeper in hell! My old man STILL bugs me to post things on craigslist.org, I have to answer the phone no matter what, and it seems that there's NO end unless I end it all!

I have NO hope for 2011! :mad:

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi Mr Cleveland--I answered your other posting about your father bugging you. So I know you lost your dog and he lived at your parents home which so far they are late in house payments. So is your Dad selling things on Craigslist to get money to pay for the house?

Are you exaggerating about ending it all? It will get better, there are two outcomes as far as I can see with your information. Either your parents get caught up on their house payment by selling stuff on Craigslist or they go bankrupt or they make a deal with the bank or they sell their car.

But it all is going to take time. And were here to help you. You have the CDs, right? Let's see you registered in '07, so you are a smart and caring guy. Parents are frustrating, that's for sure. Does your father guilt you into helping him? Or does he bully you? Is there anyone else that can put the things on Craigslist?

It is okay to say, "No, that you are busy." My father was hard to be around too, he was critical of my husband and my children, then other times he was very nice, so it was very frustrating as he would blind side me when I wasn't looking or being aware.

He definitely was a part of my depression, so you are going to have to do something to keep you from being depressed. My father was a lot older than me, he was in his 90's when he passed on, but still very active up til his cancer hit him. I had to tell him he couldn't drive at one time. I even lived with him during his illness while he was on chemo.

It was not a pleasant experience, but I'm glad I did it. You'll be okay, just keep posting and listen to Lucinda's CDs. Paislee

FrvrNumb

Post by FrvrNumb » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:46 am

You're here because you DON'T want to end it all, but believe me I know how it feels...I was in your shoes not even a week ago!
Again, I am so sorry about your dog...but why do you have to cater to your dads every whim? Why do you have to answer the phone? You are an adult right? You're Dad needs to be more respectful! Maybe you could recommend to him to take a couple community ed classes to learn these things on his own, or buy him a tutorial for Christmas? Explain to him, you love him, but you might have to say no to him sometimes and he needs to respect your needs as well. Does he know how bad he is stressing you out?

And I conquer...2010 sucked...but the good news is it's almost over! And right now, might feel hopeless about 2011, but that probably won't last! Hang in there!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi ForeverNumb--Mr Cleveland has posted about how he had to help out some siblings that had difficulty w/ their finances. His parents are behind in their house payment and appears to be very needy for Mr Cleveland to help them out. Although, they aren't too old, they are younger than me by a few years, but in a desperate situation that they are really needing their son's help.

Only because they aren't dealing with their sad state of affairs very well. So Mr Cleveland is being pulled during a time of stress and missing the family dog which passed after living at the family home. So having to please his parents and go back to the family home to do computer work and not see the family pet is very depressing to him.

He is under a lot of pressure from his parents to fix things and yet they don't listen to him or consider his feelings whatsoever. And one incident was on his birthday.

So if Mr Cleveland doesn't like what I posted here, I'll be glad to delete it for him. This is a summary of what he has posted since I've been on the boards. Paislee

MrCleveland

Post by MrCleveland » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Originally posted by Paisleegreen:
Hi ForeverNumb--Mr Cleveland has posted about how he had to help out some siblings that had difficulty w/ their finances. His parents are behind in their house payment and appears to be very needy for Mr Cleveland to help them out. Although, they aren't too old, they are younger than me by a few years, but in a desperate situation that they are really needing their son's help.

Only because they aren't dealing with their sad state of affairs very well. So Mr Cleveland is being pulled during a time of stress and missing the family dog which passed after living at the family home. So having to please his parents and go back to the family home to do computer work and not see the family pet is very depressing to him.

He is under a lot of pressure from his parents to fix things and yet they don't listen to him or consider his feelings whatsoever. And one incident was on his birthday.

So if Mr Cleveland doesn't like what I posted here, I'll be glad to delete it for him. This is a summary of what he has posted since I've been on the boards. Paislee
No...I like what you posted! I do get overwhelmed on what I do and I'm tired of doing my parents favors and getting nothing! I want to tell them, but it would upset them. My mom has been depressed all this year and has no hope or money to recover from her depression.

And I can't give them anything this Christmas and I'm going to be a Christmas Rebel again for the 3rd time.

Pray for me that I get the strength to go over there to my parents house and not feel that they're taking advantage of me and my skills!

SoWhatif

Post by SoWhatif » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:04 pm

I am sorry MrCleveland that your parents and our school system didn't teach reality to you.
Even in doom and gloom there is light. Put yourself in a GI's boots dodgeing bullits so we can have a free will. Tough this economical roller coaster and you will have learned many important sklls along with what is really of value in our lives.
There is a time to grieve and there is a time when we must keep moving forward.
Your family needs you and you need your family.

And the last line in your post is not acceptable. We want you here and getting in shape to be more than you realize, it is hard to feel or see while being in the fog of stress and duress.

No more talking like that, OK?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Prayers are sent! :) Hang in there...I think you services is enough. I appreciate what my sons do for me. Sometimes people have to go through hard times. Whether they are young or old, I know it stinks, but we are here to learn to love each other through thick or thin.

There are just lessons to be learned by all in this situation. But you have us to cheer you on.
I wish you the best. Paislee

FrvrNumb

Post by FrvrNumb » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:48 am

Thanks Paisleegreen for the update. And MrCleveland, your right it might upset your parents to let them know how you feel, but it would also upset them to know how they're making you feel, they probably don't want that! Sometimes when we break those communication barriers with the ones we love allows us to build a stronger relationship, it might be worth it! As for being a rebel about Christmas, I'm with ya! I hate all the materialistic crap at Christmas. This year, we are so strapped between me losing my job and saving for more education for me, we've decided to tell all our friends and family no exchanging gifts and we're just having an open house potluck so we can see them and spend time with them instead of giving gifts. Much better gift in our minds! Also one year my husband and son filled a jar full of all our ideas of a fun time and every other night we pulled out an idea and did the activity together. For example driving around and looking at Christmas lights or watching a movie together. It was the best Christmas ever! So you don't have to totally boycott it, just find cheaper alternatives! Hope that helps! Hang in there!

MrCleveland

Post by MrCleveland » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:15 pm

I may say this has been the most difficult year so far in my life.

A lot happened and I couldn't handle it.

Brent K.

Post by Brent K. » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:28 pm

I feel your pain, I have a lot of issues with my dad aswell, it can be very hard to speak your mind to someone who you love but someone who has also caused you great pain and heartache. I too lost my dog this year and it was very hard along with all the other things, I thought the only answer was to end my life, but I can honestly tell you that there is nothing so bad worth doing that! I know it is hard but you need to stand up for yourself and just tell him that you can't do it anymore, you need to be able to take care of youself before you can take care of others!

My relationship is much better with my dad since I told how things had to be, he now treats me more like an adult and shows me respect!

Best of luck to you, you have the power :D