This is my story

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
youngdizzyboy

Post by youngdizzyboy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:12 am

Hi everybody, I am new here. Here is a short story on what has happen to my life. It started in seventh grade (I am a freshman in college) and we had to go to gym class and on that day we were doing some kind of dances and I knew that involved spinning. So I asked my mom to write a letter to my teacher saying I cant do it. On the day of gym class we had just gotten back from recess and we got our books and everything. I was feeling nervous but I never had panic attacks yet. I was walking down stairs and i got a bad vibe and i feel down the stairs. I was ok but when I started walking again I get worse and I feel and the room spinning and it was chaos. Ever since I get sick everyday and lately i cant get any sleep at night. I love music but because of my panic attacks I can barely focus on music. It was hard for me to go to school I struggled with my mom everyday in high school cause I was to afraid to go. I barely made any friends and when ever I want to hang out i get sick and end up sleeping while i am with my friend (I sometimes get better when I sleep it off). So i have gone to a lot of doctors, therapist, I have taken a lot of medicines like clonazepam and paxil. I have taked a lot of test and the doctors say i am really healthy so I didnt know what to do. A couple days ago I found a commercial talking about this and today I started my 30 day free trial and I was wondering is it worth the 400 bucks? So that is my story on my panic attacks :(

Michele G

Post by Michele G » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Yes, I think it is worth the 400 bucks. I got the program 9 years ago, and it helped me a lot. I was like you, went to the doctor and they put me on paxil, which didn't help at all. I know it helps some people, but all it did was make me sick. I didn't want to try any other medications for anxiety after that experience. Later I heard an advertisement about StressCenter on the radio, so I called the number and checked it out. I was hesitant because of the money too, had to think about it for a few days. Nine years later I'm glad I went thru with it, and I highly recommend it for anyone who struggles with anxiety and depression. Good luck! :)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi Dizzy Boy,
I don't know yet if it is worth the $400.00. I've paid that much and more to see a Psychiatrist and Psychologist. All I know is that my sister sent me an intro CD and then I signed up for the free email lessons, which 2 of them, I think I didn't get saved quick enough. So I've missed those.

But in my therapy last year, I did use CBT training with David Burns 10 Steps to Self Esteem that Ninja has used on Session 8, I think. Anyway, the workbook and Dr worked so well with weekly visits that I weaned myself off of Wellbutrin and Xanax. But had only been on the Xanax for about 4 months or less. Wellbutrin for a number of years for depression.

I did lose a son to suicide, so whatever you can do to help you out is worth the price if you can afford it. I don't know what the payment plans are, my sister has the CDs and is hopefully mailing some of them to me to watch.

I am seeing a different Psychologist right now, since I experienced my first panic attack the old psychologist, not Psychiatrist, was not very versed in anti-depressants, and I didnt' feel comfortable with him anymore. Long story.

Anyway, you are at the right place as far as I'm concern for anxiety. There are many people here that have suffered what you have. I've only just started to have panic attacks. I think my anxiety went to depression right away under a lot of stress years ago.

I'm glad you are here! Paislee :)