confused and i why i get so angry?

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Ronnie 1981

Post by Ronnie 1981 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:53 am

yestereday my brother n law said sonmething to get me mad and it was something to really get me mad. and i couldnt defend myself but i did get mad back . to me it was necessary for me to get mad back.so when i did get mad i felt guilty about it and i dont understand why. i shouldnt feel guilty it got me more mad and i was mad about it for the whole day.how do i deal with situations like that. i cant let somebody step all over me. how do i deal with these situations?im confused!

Peace1

Post by Peace1 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:40 pm

ronnie dear, you are dealing with way to much rigth now to let someone upset you over something no matter what that something is. you need to treat yourself with special care righ now and try your best to ignore what people are saying to you to upset you. the outcome will be that your the better person and you didnt have to stoop to his level.

remember, most people have no idea what you are going through... but you do! so treat yourself accordingly. unfortunetly part of this anxiety and depression is having to deal with dwelling on certain things that in reality are stupid and not even worthy of our time.

the next time you feel upset, ask yourself, whats more important: you or the person who is trying to upset you.. sometimes the best punishment to give someone is silence... let him worry about you and not the other way around.
i hope this advise helps