Pain mentally and physically

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
ts73

Post by ts73 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:17 am

I don't know where to begin since my concentration is so poor. All I know is my life is not good and I'm tired of livin this way. It is unexplainable to others and I get so mad trying to explain to family how you feel when your depressed. Love it when they tell you just snap out of it or take a pill. There is no support in the family here. I'm sure they think they are supportive and at times I am so unbearable I feel so sorry for them for even putting up with me. I am a mother of two disabled chidren but it's still no excuse to live the way I am. I put on a good show in front of strangers but thats starting to wear thin. The anxiety is so bad that my whole body is tense, stiff and then that makes me so tired. The physical pain is so unbearable some days caused by the stress. All I want to do is sleep. That's the only time I can get peace. I've been sleeping 12 + hours some days and I still wake up unrefreshed. If only I could exercise I know that will make me feel better but haven't gotten myself to do that yet. Walking seems like such a effort. I'm in pain mentally and physically. And I'm tired of it. I don't want to live this way anymore. Life is such a chore. I don't wanna be happy all I want is peace.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:05 am

Welcome, ts73,
I understand the pain that one can get through stress and depression. Are you able to see a Dr about your problems and get on any type of medication to help you out of your depression or anxiety?

I'm on Remeron, I don't really care for it but at the time given to me going on other antidepressants I had weaned myself off was too energizing, so a physician assistant put me on 15 mg of Mirtazapine and Betablockers.

Well, I'm off of the Betablockers and my regular Psychiatrist is keeping me on the generic Remeron at 37.5 mg. Only because I didn't want to take the Xanax. Right now I'm very tired which Remeron I guess can do, or I'm not getting the right kind of rest. Remeron has melatonin in it. I also take Restoril w/ it a couple hours later.

Anyway, I might change to Wellbutrin again or go down some mgs of the Remeron. Still don't know as it could just be my hormones changing.

Well, we are here for you, and hope that you will keep coming back. Hang in there. Paislee