Question for all my ladies!

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
CG822

Post by CG822 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:44 am

Does anyone take hormone pills? Do they really control the emotional outbursts we put ourselves through?

And has anyone tried the B.C. Yaz? I hear its great for anxiety and depression symptoms?? Jut trying to get some feedback!

Thanks Lovelies!

Carolyn Dickman

Post by Carolyn Dickman » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:51 am

Most of my friends do take HRT's, and my mother took these, but I worry about the side effects. I do take the over the counter stuff. Extra strength Estroven for energy is the one I keep going back to because it takes away my hot flashes and night sweats. I've never had mood swing trouble with menopause, so I'm lucky.
I have no experience with Yaz.

Pino3

Post by Pino3 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:22 am

When my anxiety flares up I go through this "EVERYTHING I TAKE MUST BE NATURAL!!" SOO I stopped taking my birth control pills called Ortho Tricyclin LO. The first month I was off them I still felt the same anxiety .. but nothing worse. THAN the the months following I got worse. I feel I am getting worse by the month! I knew it had to do with my hormones because I always go through these phases of intense anxiety, obsessive thinking and than the depression. This seriously always happens 2 weeks prior my period. I still feel a little bad on my period but it goes down when I start it. I am "ok" for 10 days out of 30. . And even that 10 days all I do is anticipate when I will feel bad again because this works like clockwork. I am NOW begining to realize that I felt SOOOOO much better on the pill. I even read an old journal i was writing over a year ago writing how terrible i felt and than later on in it i was writing how I started the birth control again and felt so much better. . So, I am def starting my birth control again and for me, Birth control did help me a lot. Because I am always doubtful towards every thing ( It can be a fact that BC pills will make you feel better and I'll still doubt it, ya know?)I am just hoping that my BC pills help me again. And if they do help me again like they did last year, I'll be sticking to them forever. seriously!!! I do think BC pills can really help with your anxiety and depression. My friend calls hers a miracle pill because it has helped her a lot. She really liked Yaz. Shae cant afford yaz anymore though so takes a diff pill and it still works for her. anyway, sorry I am totally ranting on and on but I am right there with you about the birth control pills. If my Ortho tri-LO doesnt work as well, I will DEF try Yaz!!!

derfy

Post by derfy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:37 am

Yes, If u go to the yaz website, it tells u all the things it helps u with. Its like its an MAOI, not a BC Pill! LOL
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves...
who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be? --Unknown
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/loveyouguysWave.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/ValHeartsSmiHug.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/SigTags/LynneCocoaMo-1-1.jpg[/IMG]