My boyfriend

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Lambert

Post by Lambert » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:56 pm

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2.5 years now.We have a very loving relationship however he is addicted to pot.I sometimes feel like my depression has gotten worse lately b/c I am with him.The latter part of his teenage years were tough, his father left him and his 3 siblings after getting another women pregnant when he was 15.I come from a family of MEGA communicators and he comes from a family that does not communicate.He is not spontaneous and this bothers me.Tonight I was out for coffee with my friend and her husband and I asked him to join us and of course the answer was no.I asked him to run a mini-marathon for charity and he said he would think about it but I am unfortunately thinking negative and thinking he will probably decide to play video games instead.Oi vai.I am wondering if I should not be with him but do not want to throw things away in case this is just the depression talking and I would feel differently when I feel better.

I seem to feel more negative about him after getting back from being around certain friends that have what appear on the outside to be "all-star boyfriends".There are a lot of good things about my boyfriend and he does have a lot of potential.

I don't know, I am more so writing this post to get it off my chest but if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:44 pm

I feel much of the same way. My boyfriend doesn't do pot, but has been experimenting with other drugs lately. Since my biggest breakout of anxiety and depression going on daily for months now, I have not felt the same about him at all. I know I love him sooo much deep down, but I cant show it. He is like yours, pretty iffy on doing community and social things. I havnt been doing any of those things lately at all though, so he hasn't had to say 'no' lately... I am too confused with my relationship. He is so great to me, and does anything for me plus more. I just wish I could feel the love again like before towards him. I feel so undeserving. Maybe you have advice in my situation? If so, it might clear up quite abit if your own questioning.. Do you see yourself with this guy years from now? If so, float it out and see if things get better when some of the depression subsides.. Which most likely will make things better again..

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:44 am

:( The first thing I want to remind both of you is that there are serious legal implications that can come back to haunt you (for the rest of your life) if these fellows are ever in trouble with the law. I hope you both can grow your self esteem to such a healthy place you don't stay with men you have to talk yourself into staying with. Hope I'm not sounding too abrupt here, but that is my opinion.