Support circle for depression

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
AndrewG11

Post by AndrewG11 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Yeah we sound alike def. What kind of interests do you have? cause you said you were anxious about talking to people about what they are. we both seem well-spoken on here, which is why we need support. otherwise we'd go on living thinking that this was all the world is, rather than expanding our awareness out. i'm teaching myself to cut away my fears, and i know you can too. anybody can, it's really just a matter of effort and how willing your able to push yourself. but as soon as you see that pinch of light on the other side, you see the value, then you turn on the gears inside of you and rip the fear out of you. we can do this man, and not just get through our pain, we can go on to pursue the things that really matter to us and live meaningful. blessings man.
Andrew

mscw

Post by mscw » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:22 am

I just received my package yesterday; all seems overwhelming. So much information/many things to do.

I have been depressed for as long as I can remember, and I am going to be 54 this year. Something HAS to change; I can't live like this anymore. I feel I've made all the wrong choices in life; I've decided to seek full-time employment, but no one has even given me a callback! If I don't find one soon, I risk losing my house. Have no family or friends to help. Seems everything I try fails, or I miss good opportunities, and I'm really SICK OF IT. It makes me not want to try, b/c I'm anticipating the (negative) outcome.

Not to mention, the money to stay with this program isn't around. I'm ALWAYS anxious about money/not having money. Just got cut back from the only (part-time)job I had, but the bills haven't stopped. The profession I chose I feel I made a mistake in choosing it; should've got a "real job" like my parents wanted me to, but I felt I had to break the "cycle of the mundane" that I quietly, but arrogantly pegged on my family members. To be what? An "artist!" I feel like such a FOOL. And my poor choices have me suffering. I can't even get a menial job today, b/c I spent so much time trying to be "an artist," I did not develop any skills to hold down respectable, lucrative employment! I feel stuck, and if I don't figure something out soon, I'm going to be out in the STREET! I'm sick of my life...

I don't have many places to "vent"; thanking you in advance for indulging me...

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Welcome, mscw! I hope things get better for you. We don't mind your venting at all. :) Paislee

creamcheese

Post by creamcheese » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:38 pm

mscw......I am where YOU ARE!!! I have been for quite some time. I am a nurse out of work for some time because I had to move out of my childhood home and moved out of state. NOW....My resume is killing me because employers look at my time OUT OF WORK and not the time I WORKED!!! People are out there to help. People will find out that we will all have to help each other in the future. Being alone is not a LIFE OF REILLY like most family people think......I am and have found it to be sheer hell. Dont fret, We all can offer solutions to our dilemmas here.

nerveball

Post by nerveball » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:16 am

MSCW - I feel for you.My life is somewhat similar so far as the feelings are concerned. I am going thru a down time now but almost in the middle of it I see that this down is not as bad as they used to be. My circumstances are just as bad if not worse but I find that I am not reacting to it like I used to. I think about it alot. The thought of suicide has crossed my mind more than once. But just the thought. I don't feel the need to act on it. Besides that will just cause problems for my family, who already have enough problems dealing with me. So since I'm not dead I figure I have to live so I try to do something different about my problems, even if its something small. I do believe in God and I do read my Bible and God says to trust in Him and He will take care of you. Looking at all of the bad stuff thats going on that's kind of hard to believe. But then I realized that maybe that is part of the problem. I need to look at the good stuff that's going on all around that other stuff. I realized that God is taking care of me. Maybe not in the way that I would like but He is nevertheless. My finacial problems are huge but I have a place to live and a car to go to work and food on my table and clothes on my back. I am not rich and cannot party all the time but thats ok. I have what I need. Everytime I open the mail its another huge bill. Im scared to open it now. :eek: Each time I say God why are you doing this to me, give me a break. The bills are still here but,in each case I got a reprieve of some sort to break it down to more manageable proportions. After all God didn't make the bills, they were a result of my foolish decisions from the past. But I asked God for help and He did. He's helping me cope. I just got paid and now I have $22 left for the week. But I praise God and I thank Him cause I feel satisfied. All of the bill collectors are happy for the moment and I still have all of my basic needs met. Now I can look at the positive and I thank God for that and I thank Him for this program to help me come to my senses. I still get downcast from time to time but I know that I can just go thru it and still keep on living. Its a struggle but worth the effort. You hang in there and look for the good in your life. Its there somewhere.