Support circle for depression

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
pecos

Post by pecos » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:53 am

I am working this program, which I think is very good by the way, to overcome a depression which had taken over my life. I am following the program according to all the instructions and feel improvement already. One of the program assignments is to check in to our peer group daily online ... this group. I am finding that mostly the forums are for stress and anxiety. Stress and anxiety are not my problems. Perhaps those of us who are primarily here for depression could reply here, and we could create a depression support circle? It would be helpful to me. I hope others would be interested.

hairtrigger

Post by hairtrigger » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:33 am

I completed the program in 2004 i think. Then I relapsed hard and just succumbed to meds. I am currently on Lexapro for depression and anxiety. Most of us have experienced that stress, anxiety and depression are all linked. Kudos to you for taking action! Best wishes.
HT

pecos

Post by pecos » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:29 am

Thanks HT. Yes, I absolutely agree and understand that stress and anxiety are there, intricately linked, and I do certainly feel my share of stress and anxiety. What I mean is that anxiety and panic attacks are not my current problem. Depression in its full blown state is what I'm dealing with now. Research and plain old fashioned experience tell us, tell me, that the way I think, the way I react to stress and anxiety, helped me get here. But once a person is depressed, handling stress and anxiety helps present moment. It helps us get a handle on not becoming more depressed. But here we are, and we are struggling with a lot of stuff that is unique to depression. If there are others here who primarily suffer from depression today, I hoped we could get to know each other. There is supportive energy in numbers. Kind regards, Pecos.
Last edited by pecos on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

barbhoward

Post by barbhoward » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:00 pm

i would love to be part of a depression support circle. It is one of my main struggles. Let me know if it is a go ahead. Barbhoward

Renon

Post by Renon » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:15 am

I also struggle daily with depression. Count me in.

SCDon

Post by SCDon » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:18 am

Well we just got this topic started last month for us so a group is a great idea Pecos. How do we get started?

Anna Burrell

Post by Anna Burrell » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:47 am

I would like to be apart of that. My depression is at its worst right now, and talking about it would really help

Holly J

Post by Holly J » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:10 am

I too, would like to join the depression circle. I have been feeling like is this program really for depression too?? I go back and forth with depression and anxiety, but I know that i really need a lot of support when I am depressed. Good idea!!
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

sunbound

Post by sunbound » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:28 am

I suffer with it as well and have realized that a walk in the morning helps TREMENDOUSLY for me. I am blessed to have others to walk with, but I fear that in the fall, they will not want to walk. This is a time when I will most need the help because I do tend to get more depressed when the weather gets colder.

I sometimes am so depressed that I don't have the desire or energy to even come on this site. I am having a good day, though! I hope you all are as well.

Go for a 20 minute walk!!!

pecos

Post by pecos » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:14 am

Hi All. There are eight of us as of Monday afternoon. Since there is already a forum for Depression, we could make a note of each others names, and we could consider ourselves our support circle. That way, we can use the Depression forum to post specific discussions, problems, solutions, and so on, mostly to each other. If everyone here is ready to begin a support circle, we can begin now. I have noted all of your names, and I will always check the Depression forum first thing. If I see your name, I will know you are seeking support from our circle, and I will read your post right away, and everyone else here can do the same. On days when I feel stomped into a dust pile, I will post there, too, and I will be happy to hear comments, advice, or just a hello, from any or all of you. Does this sound workable? By the way, this circle never closes. Any new people who want to join, just add your name here.
Last edited by pecos on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.