New to the program.

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
s.a.d.66

Post by s.a.d.66 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:37 am

Hi everyone. I have been in a very deep state of depression for a good 2 months straight. Life has been very difficult for me. I ordered the program and have had it one day. And already, my spirits are up! i haven't been able to do even the simplest of things lately. But i started the program last night and i feel better today. I actually am doing laundry! And I feel Good. I did the relaxation tape yesterday, and later I actually slept a whole nine hours. I can't remember the last time i had more than four hours. I am also optimistic about the program. That is because I know that i will commit myself to it. If I can feel this good after one day, then I know my life can get better if i just stick to it. I hope to share with many of you and wish you all nothing but success in conquering your anxiety and depression. Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from some of you soon.

pecos

Post by pecos » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:44 am

Hi there! A huge hug is sent to you. You will get better every hour, every day. I began the program last June. Don't want to bore others here (who already know my reasons for being here), so I will simply say to you, it would be hard to be more depressed than I was when I began the program. I never worried if it would help, I never analyzed what it was about, I never doubted that I could do this. I just got up every morning and worked the program. I applied the homework into my daily schedule whether I had work to do, or chores, or just obligations. The homework is easy to implement into your daily routine. I believe that helps you understand it better. And, while you are on the program, life keeps happening. Some of the events I've endured were devastating. I didn't take any breaks, because recovery from depression is this, one hour at a time, day to day. And you will recover. I did. My sincerest best wishes to you.

DIAA

Post by DIAA » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:41 am

Nice to hear that after even the first day you are better. I just ordered the program and I have high hopes. I have had generalized anxiety disorder for years but has escalated recently and now feel trapped by panic. I have IBS and lots of nausea with eating. I fear swallowing sometimes and when my anxiety has been high I bloat and get nausea. I read the having elevated anxiety causes the blood to move away from digestion. You actually stop digesting food well, leading to bloating, slowness in food leaving your stomach and nausea. It is nice to find people who might be able to help.

Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:47 am

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">s.a.d.66,

Welcome! Welcome! And grats on your immediate success! That's awesome!</span>