Really sad- need advice

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:51 am

Deb, hey what is PM you mean? I am all new at this and I am a little confussed. Where do you live?

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:59 am

Deb, What does pm mean?

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:08 am

Originally posted by Angels-R-4-Me:
Deb, What does pm mean?
It means a private message. It's not posted for the public..it's between only the people posting to each other. I just sent you one a few minutes ago.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:15 am

Originally posted by Angels-R-4-Me:
Monty's mom, Thank you so much for the encourgement. I am really trying hard. I do have the program. I just wish I could understand it more. Thank you for being so kind to me. God bless you.
Hi Hun,

Glad you have this program!!
One giant step to the new you. It can be overwhelming at first and may take time at first so just be patient, find a quiet place and follow each step as laid out and take as much time with each cd/dvd as you need. It's about getting better and not racing through this. I will go over a sesion as many times as I have to so it can all sink in and I write a lot down as I listen the first time, I do the lessons for each session and I keep a journal constantly. You will do this and within even a few sessions begin to feel different inside. Just relax and enjoy. DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:54 am

What a bunch of excellent replies you already have. Are you crazy? No. Depression doesn't make us crazy, it simply means we are depressed. This particular program has an excellent method to help you overcome your depression. We can never change others. And at some point we recognize we don't have to change others to help ourselves. Be kind to yourself. Be kind in the way you talk to yourself. That is a good place to begin with healing your life: You are a valuable and worthwhile person. You deserve a happy life. Remind yourself of this often. Best of luck.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:05 am

Are you crazy? No. Depression doesn't make us crazy, it simply means we are depressed. This particular program has an excellent method to help you overcome your depression. We can never change others. And at some point we recognize we don't have to change others to help ourselves. Be kind to yourself. Be kind in the way you talk to yourself. That is a good place to begin with healing your life: You are a valuable and worthwhile person. You deserve a happy life. Remind yourself of this often. Best of luck.
Excellent post!!!

Thanks...I just found your words so soothing :)

Deb

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:04 pm

Pecos, Thank You very much. I really am glad to be on this program. I am hard on myself right now. I hope it will pass really soon. So many people that I deal with in my everyday life do not understand what DEPRESSION feels like!!!!!!!! They tell me that I am crazy......I know that I am depressed right now....but, I know that I will get better one day. I get angry easy from the depression and no one understands what that is like around here. I am also having some health problems. That makes it even worse. I hope to hear back from you. Thank You again for your support and God Bless You.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:59 pm

You will learn to be less demanding on yourself. It is wonderful to acquire these new tools and use them. People don't understand this place, depression, and they often are afraid of it, as if it might be contagious. Don't let this hold you back. Stay with us here. And post whatever issues you need help with. Those of us who are overcoming our depression understand, and care about you!

PS: As you progress from week to week here, you will learn the reasons we get depressed, and you will gain such a wonderful understanding of yourself. It's hard, but place importance of your healing time above the judgements of those who simply don't understand. Ignorance can be hurtful, but those who are ignorant don't usually intend us any harm.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:38 am

The secret is to stay IN THE MOMENT. It is hard to do this at the beginning but do NOT think of the past or the present. Focus on all of the beauty around you beginning with yourself. YES, you are beautiful because God does not make junk. When you begin to love yourself, and take care of yourself, people will want to be around you because you will radiate confidence, love and peace. Do not let negative thoughts in your head. Be positive and patient. It took me a long time to do this but my mom I believe hated me and I went on with my life. She started calling me and wanting to be around me because she realized how special I really was. By the way, my brother was my mom's favorite. He was allowed to do anything and it was cute. Today he is a druggie and an alcoholic and totally alone. I am doing GREAT! LOVE YOURSELF and it will all fit into place. I don't know you but I love you. Get the book "The Secret of Letting Go" by Guy Finley. With this program this book and being on line with people who care, you WILL make it. Good luck honey! Ashlyn

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:12 am

Ashlyn, Thank you so much for the kind words you have given me. Where do you get the book at???? How long have you been on the program? There is really alot of things I would like to talk to someone about but, some of my things are very private and I do not wish to post them all over here. It's not that I am trying to be mean it's just things that I would perfure to talk to in private.........I hope that you and I can do that I really need a good friend right now. Thank you.............