Support circle for depression

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
pecos

Post by pecos » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi kidsisme. I read your story earlier about your loss of your mother. That is an event that cannot be described, isn't it? There is no similar pain. Many of us here know how this feels, and you are in our hearts.
I want to answer about journaling. You will find out when your program arrives, but go ahead and buy at least three spiral notebooks. I vote for the wide margin kind. When I journal I write rapidly, and like to have wide margins so I don't have to find my reading glasses ( ;)). Don't worry about what to do with them, yet. The spiral notebooks, and journaling will be explained. Welcome. So glad to know you.

mr mom

Post by mr mom » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:38 pm

kidsisme,

You're right, you have to make the time. I cancelled the daily paper and make this the priority b/4 tv. I just started the program on Monday and I'm already feeling better, less depressed, and very hopeful. Hang in there.

I had a major problem sleeping last night due to racing thoughts. I used the relaxing breathing and counting, but I always slipped back into the whirlwind. Anyone have any suggestions?

I also noticed after lunch today and 2 refills of diet pepsi, my pulse was around 110/min and my anxiety was jacked. Won't do that again.

Pecos, any way to change my handle/name on here?
I'd like a little more ananimity in case I get my wife in the program if we stay together. She has worse anxiety than me.

Thanks, talk to you tomorrow.

SLEEPER

Post by SLEEPER » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:10 pm

WHEN YOU HAVE A HARD TIME SLEEPING AND DIFFERENTE ISSUES AND FEELINGS ARE GOING OFF,
JUST LAY THERE AND ACCEPT IT, OBSERVE IT AND WATCH IT PASS. IF YOU ARE REALLY AWAKE
GET UP AND DO SOMETHING...READ...MAKE NOTES...IF YOU ACCEPT THAT EVERY SO OFTEN YOU
WILL GET SOME NIGHT WHERE IT DOES NOT GO GOOD...EVENTUALLY IT WILL PASS.

ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP...IS TO DO A FEW LIGHT EXERCISES
BEFORE BED...ALSO, CONTROL YOUR THOUGHTS...DON'T GO TO BED AND THINK ABOUT FINANCES...
OR TAXES...ENVISION PEACEFUL SETTINGS...YOU CAN PLAY SOME LIGHT EASY SLEEP INDUCING
MUSIC...OR TAPES OF THE OCEAN OR RAIN....A SMALL CANDLE CAN GIVE A SENSE OF RELAXATION
AND SO CAN INCENSE....SOME LIKE A WARM BATH..THAT HELPS THEM...HOWEVER IF YOU ARE NOT
TIRED..DON'T GO TO BED...ALSO DON'T EAT SUGAR OR DRINK ALCOHOL BED...THEY WILL RUIN
SLEEP.....GOOD LUCK

BELIEVE IT OR NOT MY NAME ON THIS WEBSITE IS YES...:
SLEEPER

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:11 am

Hi Lloyd.r,

What has really helped me sleep at night is taking a combo pill of calcium, magnesium and zinc along with about 6 ounces of low acid orange juice. This has heped everyone I know who has used it. If your interseted in trying this PM me and I'll give you the dosages I and others are using. Or just post back here if it's easier.

You can contact the StressCenter.com to change your user name.
I believe it is: support@stresscenter.com

You will find contact info if you go to forums and scan down until you see administration listings. It might be under technical support or customer support. It entails having to reregister..that I know as I too inquired about a new user name.

Have a good day and welcome!!
BELIEVE YOU CAN CONQUER ANYTHING~ AND YOU WILL !! I DID IT, YES !!!!!

secret

Post by secret » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:02 am

Hi Everyone, I have had the package since February. I have problems with depression and extreme anxiety. I feel like an actress because no one and I mean nobody I know has any idea that I have been struggling with this since I was probably 10yrs old. I am now 35 and sometimes I feel like I am going to burst. I have nobody that I can tell who I know won't treat me differently if I opened up to them.

I, like a lot of you have a hard time getting up in the morning, each day is a struggle. I am late for work atleast 3 times a week. I don't socialize much there, I smile with everyone but I don't open up to much conversation with anybody. I struggle most with feelings of inadequacy and a constant worry that I am going to do or say something to embarrass myself. I have a boyfriend that I really love but I constantly struggle with the idea of breaking up so he can be with a "normal" woman. I have been really uncomfortable around him lately because I have done one or two things out of confusion that made me look dishelved. I think he is thinking that something is wrong with me, I can't explain my situation to him. We don't go out much, I fear that he is concerned that I might do something to embarrass him in public. I wish I could just reach in and rip these anxious and depressed feelings right out of my mind.

I started listening to the cd's again this morning. I had gotten as far as lesson 5 and I stopped a few months ago. I am back again, tryng to ease the feeling of this burden....

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:34 am

I'm sorry you are going through all this but you can be free and enjoy life if you are determined enough and use the program, working all aspects of it until you complete it.

It's there for you but we do have to give it all we have out of desire to feel how we want to feel and not live with all this fear and the lies we tell ourselves every waking hour..for some.

I know you can do this if you have the desire.
YOU DESERVE TO LIVE A GOOD LIFE!!!!

Best wishes to you.

pecos

Post by pecos » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:41 am

Hi Secret. Guess what, you now have a community full of people to discuss your honest feelings about depression with, and we all know how you feel, and we won't treat you differently! ;)
You have had the program almost a year, so are you actually starting over from Session One? I would strongly recommend you do. As for your boyfriend, the program has some excellent material (CD, DVD and reading) to share with him. This will help him know what you are suffering from, and give him some insight in to the road to recovery, which -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- is this program. Okay?
Best wishes to you. We are all here for you.

PS: monty'smom mentions the lies we tell ourselves. That is so true. The stuff in your mind that you want to be rid of -- kiddo, those are lies you tell yourself. The program teaches you to stop doing that. You will learn to tell yourself the truth.

kidsisme

Post by kidsisme » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:24 am

So here's what I did. I told each of my family members in a private setting (hubby and kids) that I had ordered this program and why. Each was supportive to the best of their ability. My son really struggles with anxiety surrounding his father (not my hubby) being in the Army so I said he could use it too. My daughter was like, "Can I use it for test anxiety?" I told her sure. My husband was just so happy that I was willing to do something. I was just relieved that it's out there now and I don't have to hide nearly so much. I'm certain each them knew in their own way that something is terribly wrong the kids just couldn't name it. Of course I didn't share what goes on in my head with them but I just let them know that it was a priority that I take care of myself but that I would also still be there for them and hopefully even better. It went really well. :)

secret

Post by secret » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:48 pm

Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement. I am going to try really hard this time to go through the entire program. I've been on antidepressants on and off since I was 23 but they don't really help. I walk around feeling like a zombie more then anything. I stopped taking them after listening to the third cd because I thought I was ready to just use the program and I was feeling better than I ever had when using medication but unfortunatley shortly there after I got caught up in other things and stopped listening to the cd's. I hit rock bottom and went running back to my therapist in tears because I couldn't stop my mind from racing anymore.

Does anyone ever feel paralyzed? It's like your mind just freezes up and although you respond to the person talking to you your sure you have this look on your face that appears as if your really not there. Its one of the worst feelings and you feel like a total idiot. I think thats my anxiety at its worst form of torture. I will not only use my cd's but this time I am going to try keeping up with the chat line also. It feels so good to know your not the only one struggling like this and there are others out there who understand completely.

Maybe I will consider telling my boyfriend later, but not right now. I don't even know if he would understand. He would probably just think I'm crazy (as if he isn't already thinking that.) I will think about it though and thanks again. :)

PS. To answer your question, I did go back to the first cd.

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Wow kidsisme your post really brought a smile to my face!!! It's so wonderfull to have that understanding and positive response from our loved ones!

I really hope you feel so proud of yourself and know it can only get better from this point on.

Congrats to all of you. ;)

Please keep us posted..Take care and be kind to yourself.