new symptoms

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
angela chriss

Post by angela chriss » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:34 pm

im on session 4, and i was doing really good, then a couple of days ago i been having bad heartburn/IBS. always gassy, and now chest pains. and it makes me anxious, that somethings wrong, and now i feel my throat swells up or tightens, even though im breathing fine, i get nervous, and cause myself into a panic, then i walk around to calm myself down. i just wanna know, does anyone else have the same symtoms. i dont wanna feel alone? HELP
"when u know better, u do better"

samcat

Post by samcat » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:08 am

Hi Angela Chriss-
You are not alone believe me. I also suffer from the same things you are mentioning. I have gotten them a bit under control because I am a little furthur in the program and have really focused on health anxiety that seems to be my trigger of what if thinking, neg. thoughts and anxiety/panic attacks. I can say that exercising and your diet helps alot with the digestive area of this . I eat fiber wafers everyday and have put my self on a food combining diet(meaning combining your foods properly for proper digestion. If you have any questions I am sure since we have the same area of anxietys we could help each other. Things change for the better my life has and continues to.
Take Care
kar

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:54 am

angela....I can get those feelings as well aslo not as often now that I am through the program but sometimes they still come on.....

Best thing you can tell yourself is they are not anything youve had them before and they never hurt you just make you feel uncomfortable. Sometimes a high fiber diet can cause some excess gas and IBS type symptoms so try to go onto one slowly that will help so your system doesnt cramp up but even if it does it feels bad but no harm is being done. There are some over the counter gas remedies out there talk to your doctor or pharmacist and see if one would work for you....I chew on gas ex when I get those bubbles in the tummy and they work very well for me. Lots of aches and shooting pains that I get in my stomach area are most usually cured with a simple over the counter gas remedy....

As for the throat thing thats pretty common check your posture and your water intake. If your noticing that your slouching a lot when you sit or stand (I do this and dont even realize it) it will causes me to feel that lump in the throat. Try to sit up nice and straight while you eat and even after......see if it doesnt help you abit.

I also suffer with some allergy issues so I get lots of post nasal drainage and that tends to hang in the back of the throat again nothing to worry about but I like to have reasons why I feel this way and then I can say ok thats a good reason and thats ok.

I dont know what part of the country you live in but Im where its cold and snowy so its harder to get out and get going this time of the year so symptoms come on stronger for me cuz I dont have the distractions of being outside as much. But again thats temporary so just know you need to find things to do to keep your mind off your body feelings and youll have a much easier time. Take up a hobby. Painting, sewing, reading (no self help), writing, crafts.......anything to keep busy.

Good luck
Dodger

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:21 am

thanks Kar3312, it does makes sense, about the exercise thing, for someone reason, when i do get those symptoms, i start walking around the house. & it works. as far as the fiber i will keep that in mind,i didnt know that, so thank you.

and Dodger, thank you so much, i really needed to hear all that u had to say, ur right, no matter what im feeling, cause ive felt them before and it wont hurt me. i know i need to lose weight, i been putting it off for so long, and i know once i lose weight, my body will adjust so much better with anxiety/panic/depress, and my digestive system. i do need to keep focus on something other than my worrying.. i worry to much. my problem is, when im feeling good, i start to think of my old symptoms. and wonder what happen to that. then it comes back. that is hard, is that normal? anyhow, thank you so much both of u, im gonna keep that in mind. about posture, food intake, and exercise, ill keep u guys updated, thank you, best of luck in all u do....

Post by Guest » Thu May 29, 2008 7:22 am

I know you posted this months ago, but I do have the SAME symptoms. Have you had any success in getting rid of them? I've been on Nexium for four months but want to get off. It all happened literally like over night. My throat tightens up, too, mostly when I'm going to work or thinking about work. I am in session 4 now. Any advice?

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:35 pm

I had acid reflux for decades. I went on Prevacid for a while and now I am much better. I get gas sometimes and I take generic Tums. I try to watch what I eat some butI can eat things now that used to bother me. I drink green tea also. Learn what foods cause problems (some of mine were Tostitos with salsa, Graham crackers, salads) but only if I ate them after 9 PM. Best wishes and hang in there. Acid reflux used to make me feel like I was going to choke and could not breath. The reflux actuall y damages the end of your esophagus which is what the Prevacid helps heal. Take care.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:54 pm

I have acid reflux too. It started after having lots of anxiety. The reason your throat feels like its going to close up is because the acid really irritates your asophagus.(spelling)?
Your throat wont close up I promise ;)

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”