Getting married and don't see family support

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Terrym79

Post by Terrym79 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:44 am

Hi guys, please tell me if my expectations are too high. My fiancee and I finally decided to get married. We are getting married July 18th and I am so xcited. I get tired and stressed out but at the same time happy. I am happy that I will be conquering a fear of mine and letting go of the past. My family is very happy however, not as xcited as I want them to be. I guess I expect them to ask me what they can help out with, or what their part will be but the only one involved is my best friend that is doing things over the phone and my mother that's here. My brothers and their girlfriends show no emotion and it upsets me because if it was them, I would of helped them out with whatever they needed! I'm just tired of the fact that they take no initiation, no moral support. I get so pissed and hate the world and my fiancee and son end up taking my attitude. I would like to tell my brothers how I feel but at the same time , why bother? who cares, I can take care of all the things. I don't know, I'm hoping next month, their attitude will improve. Or shall I say MY attitude?

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”