How did everyone feel by week 4?

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:37 am

Julie,
Just keep doing what you are doing. DONT give up. I think each of us think/feel this wont work for us. That's the nature of the beast. I am on session 13 & everyday I feel I am a little better than the last.
When I started 3 1/2 months ago I cried everyday, over lots of stuff mostly fear. I am a spiritual person & feel God brought me to this program, I feel with his help I can & will change. I got the cassette in the mail in '05 but I didn't feel I could afford it. After countless Dr's visits, therapists I realized it had to be my brain,& I needed to change the way I thought.

May God Bless You

LYla

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:16 am

I have got a lot better but i still have some nervusness and anxiety about certon things

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:47 am

Michael W. I am going through the program for the second time. I think it will be something I will work at for a while. I am 95% better & I agree with Lucinda I don't think we will ever totally regress we know to much.

Bless Ya
Keep on

Lyla

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:58 am

I just finished session 4 and I feel it's hard for me too. I've had anxiety and depression for many years everything seems to be hard for me. I am going to give it my best. I want and have to feel better about my life.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:37 am

What level do you have to be in order to feel comfortable with your progress through the program? How much over this condition should you be by this point?

Mike

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:46 am

I'm just starting week 4 but feel nervous i did not grasp session 3 well enough. I understand that I am beating myself up for things that don't turn out the way I expect. I tryed blocking out the negative thoughts for 1 hour and than 1 day and found some real benefit but then an afternoon visting with a relative did not go well and I starting worrying and blown in to full panic attack. I think I know what to do but struggling with how to practice. I plan to continue to session 4 and hope I can keep some postive momentum with the program.

David

JavierTapia

Re: How did everyone feel by week 4?

Post by JavierTapia » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:34 pm

I don't know how comfortable you are around people, but I had the same problem. My suggestion is having a driving instructor with you when driving in difficult situations like the highway. It really helped me because I knew if I started going into a panic attack i know that that person would take over. But try to imagine that you are alone in the car, and you are facing your fears of driving. All the best.

livelife

Re:

Post by livelife » Tue May 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Guest wrote:Ashelina08xx - I have been through the program once already. This time I have different issues and symptoms. (Don't panic the program works, I've just had a lot of stress in my life lately and I'm not as bad as the first time) Anyway the first time I had a huge fear of driving. I couldn't even drive a mile down the road without feeling anxious. I would say around week 5 I really started to feel much better. I was also on medication and going to a therapist, however I give the program all of the credit for helping me. I could barely leave my house and by week 12 I was a totally different person. So hang in there, if you really work the program and do the relaxation tape you will feel better soon.
Good luck to you! :)
very inspiring, i love to hear success stories! i'm going to give it my best! i was also worried about session 4 overall myself and if it was REAlly y y helping me but now i stepped outside the box and realized it is gradually helping me and making me feel better! thanks for the post! <3

Jannacle

Re: How did everyone feel by week 4?

Post by Jannacle » Mon May 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Just keep going ang keep believing, it works! Everytime you feel nervous look at your cards or put on one of your tapes. Do your relaxation regularly so that it becomes second nature to you.

webvidman

Re: I feel great

Post by webvidman » Tue May 17, 2011 4:22 pm

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know what depression, anxiety, and stress feels like. I was anxious, nervous, quiet, afraid, and in general had almost no self esteem or feeling of self worth. I purchased this program and started to feel better. After reaching level 3 about self talk, and the importance of that section, I thought, if it is that important maybe I should get more reference material and study that as well. I purchased a book online called "self coaching, the powerful program to beat anxiety and depression" by Joseph J Luciani, PHD. I have been on a high about life like I have never experienced in my entire life. I have more energy, excitement, my fear, anxiety and depression are nearly gone. He explains things in such an easy to understand and sensible method, that you just want to absorb everything. If you want some additional support that absolutely put me over the top, get this book. Suggestion would be to buy the electronic version for $10.00 because the hard copy is $99.00 I don't know how he did it, but take my word for it. It really helped me. As taught earlier, you have to be accepting of making change, accept the fact that you developed a bad habit. But habits can be changed, and he tells you how in such a simple and easy to understand method. I am still continuing the program. I feel this is a great program. But I do have a lot more happiness in my life after combining this book with the program. Best of luck to every one. :D :lol:

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”