How did everyone feel by week 4?

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Ashelina08xx

Post by Ashelina08xx » Wed May 20, 2009 8:42 am

I'm nervous that the program isn't helping me. I'm trying really hard to stay with it and do everything. I ever tried going on the highway and taking a different route to the store, stuff that would normally make me anxious. I'm just curious how everyone felt by this point and when they started feeling better.

Also, did anyone take the Feel Good supplementst that came with the program? I'm nervous about taking them.

Post by Guest » Wed May 20, 2009 10:47 am

Hi Ashelina,
How far into the program r u ? I can honestly say that it took 1 yr before i felt better. So be patient and remember everyone goes at there own paste. With every cd you listen too u should be feeling alittle less anxious. If not its ok. remember is a bad habit that has been with u for a very long time so, dont expect it to dissapeer rite away. I was on the program for 15 weeks and then kept listening to them everyday until it sink in that i was ok and that it was ok to feel alittle anxious from time to time. As per the supplement i took them for a yr and excercised as well and that helped alot. Keep it up,good luck and best wishes to u..... u are not alone....... :)

Post by Guest » Wed May 20, 2009 12:47 pm

I just started session 4 today. Driving on the highway and taking different routes makes me anxious and I did it the other day. I only drove on the high way 2 exits on the way to work but it's better than nothing. I'm trying to go about my day even though I'm anxious, and normally I would never do that so I guess the programs starting to work. I get anxious being far away from home (leaving the town) and I keep getting the want to leave and go do something. Before I didn't do that so hopefully this week I'm going to try that.

I'm gonna try the supplements. Thanks for your reply.

Post by Guest » Wed May 20, 2009 1:32 pm

I too had problems driving on the inerstate when my anxiety was at it's worse. As soon as I got on the on ramp I would freak out, and just want to jump out of my car. I found myself taking atarax just to be able to go two exits one day last week I drove 20 miles in the pouring rain with no medication to help me it does get easier

Post by Guest » Thu May 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Ashelina08xx - I have been through the program once already. This time I have different issues and symptoms. (Don't panic the program works, I've just had a lot of stress in my life lately and I'm not as bad as the first time) Anyway the first time I had a huge fear of driving. I couldn't even drive a mile down the road without feeling anxious. I would say around week 5 I really started to feel much better. I was also on medication and going to a therapist, however I give the program all of the credit for helping me. I could barely leave my house and by week 12 I was a totally different person. So hang in there, if you really work the program and do the relaxation tape you will feel better soon.
Good luck to you! :)

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:09 pm

Ashelina,

I'm in week 4 and feel like I'm just beginning some really hard work now. I started feeling better almost immediately - the first week had some key information that really helped me.

I'm not taking the vitamins because they have Ginseng in them, and I know I can't tolerate that.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:31 pm

I am at the end of session 6. I see lots of good things happening am I recovered no. Yet I believe I will be one day as one peer said I am sick of being sick & tired.
I had to admit I am a negative person. It's like when things are happening I am viewing it from outside of myself. I was crying everyday off & on all day long. This has really improved I do still tear up at somethings.
I told my therapist about the program & she said well check in with me & let me know how you are doing.
When I listen to the relaxation tape & I hear LIfe is Good it makes me smile & I don't dread getting out of bed in the morning anymore.
I hope we all keep on keeping on till we are like the people on the tapes/cds.
Bless you all

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:25 am

Personally I'm feeling better. I still have anxiety but I'm dealing with it better and haven't had a panic attack since starting the program.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:11 am

I am on session 8 & I am more aware of thoughts & I am able to not react so hastily, but I still have anxiety. Just as long as I can still see impovements I am trying to be patient. I am going to be 53 next month & for most of my life I have been negative. I beleive I will conquer this & so will you.
Life is good.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:47 am

HI I'm Julie and I'm on Week 4 and last night i just had my 1st panic attack since i started the program. I feel bad about it. This is what it is like: i get pain right below by breast, cramping. Chest tightens.. i think oh no.. because this has landed me in the hospial before. It's extemely painful. I'm glad it didnt happen last night. I used self talk, tried the relaxation tape, and then took my xanax. i still have a little pain today.

I have been feeling really sad and more anxious. I'm workign the program, eating well and exercising. What else can i do???

Exhused.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”