Starting Session 4

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
1254smit

Starting Session 4

Post by 1254smit » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:56 pm

I have been doing the program for a little bit now as I never moved from session 2 because I thought that since I was still having panic attacks that I did not learn anything in session 2. I just started session 4. So far it makes a whole lot of sense. I decided out of the blue to try to go through out my day without my Ativan. So far it's been a roller coaster. However, I still have not taking it and I feel that it is hard but I really want to feel the anxiety to understand what I need to do to control how I feel.

coachchris

Re: Starting Session 4

Post by coachchris » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Wow, I love to hear how you are ready to feel and use the 6 steps from lesson 2. Are you lowering expectations? What shoulds do you have for yourself?

Coach Chris :)

1254smit

Post by 1254smit » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:36 pm

@coachchris-
MY should statements that are "bad"
I should be able to handle my anxiety
I should be working out everyday
I should be watching what I eat
I should have enough time in the day to do everything to help my anxiety
And there is more.
But I have come to realize that this does increase my anxiety. Who says I should? is the question I apply a lot now.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:36 pm

Fantastic! It sounds like you're doing really well with selftalk and shoulds.
What are some of your successes from the last week?
Are you writing negatives to positives?
Coach Chris
coachchris@stresscenter.com

Caleb20

Post by Caleb20 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:55 am

Yeah I know that these programs are very helpful but those people who are trying to deal with stress and depression from a long time and are not seeing any results I will suggest them to try chiropractic care. I am sure it would definitely work. I just got my sittings at a domestic clinic of chiropractors in Mississauga and have great results now.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”