Session 4 is Making Sense

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
thomas54

Session 4 is Making Sense

Post by thomas54 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:14 pm

I've had to listen to session 4 about 5-6 times but it does make sense now. I have a few goals and now making plans to reach them. I do still get the bewilderment - panicky feelings for unknown reasons and wonder how long this will take to go away.

coachchris

Re: Session 4 is Making Sense

Post by coachchris » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:02 am

Hi Thomas,
How are you doing with your relaxation, diet and exercise?
These are very important to help with decreasing body symptoms.
Coach Chris

thomas54

Post by thomas54 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:02 pm

Thank-you for the reply. I am doing well with them. Exercise 5 days per week. I believe do eat pretty well, but need to cut down on the coffee. I usually drink the 1/2 caf. I had been suing the relaxation cd 2 times per day. I have missed a few day here and there.

I purchased the program back in 2008 and going through it again. I am not sure I got the information or did not work hard enough back then. I felt I needed to start the program again as I am not where I want to be with my stress, anxiety and the depression. It seems to make more sense this time around, but I am not sure I had made too much progress yet. My issue are negative thoughts/attitude along with obsessive thoughts where I dwell on the same thought over and over.

I will keep trying as I feel this is the right place. Thanks again.

steven033

Post by steven033 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:12 pm

Hey Thomas, I just saw this post as well! I am listening to Session 3 and the thought journal notebook seems like a good tool. Replacing the negative thoughts with positive ones. I'm going to try that this week. I'm sure you're probably already doing that, but it seems like that might be a good action to counter the negative thought patterns you talked about. Hope you have a great week! Good work!

Steven

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”