Actually Learning Something Useful

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
gerrithegirl

Actually Learning Something Useful

Post by gerrithegirl » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:33 am

I can't believe it. I'm finally learning very useful techniques. I am part of a very volatile family - actually, I'm the mom. I left my grown daughter a message that I did not find offensive. She called me back the next day and screamed at me. I was very upset. However, after going over Step 1 through 4 - particularly four, I was able to review the "gentle message" I thought that I left her and realized probably for the first time how offensive my message was. I have been doing therapy as well, but really listening to Lucinda and the other participants on the tape, I was finally able to see myself and behavior without the "rose color glasses", and I wouldn't want to get that message from my mom. Her screaming at me will be something that she will have to take care of inside herself when she is ready.

Thanks, :lol: :x gerrithegirl

gerrithegirl

Re: Actually Learning Something Useful

Post by gerrithegirl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:07 am

Good news - I heard back from my daughter after leaving her a message stating that I needed to amend my first message to her because I realized that it was not a loving message. She called me and we apologized to one another. She stated that it was a small blip in our otherwise caring relationship.

Thanks for Steps 1 through 4.

gerrithegirl

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:45 am

That's so exciting! Thank you for sharing. We love hearing about your wins. We know how much effort it takes to persevere and continue on this journey. Well done!

We can't wait to hear about your next successes too.

Coach Chris StressCenter.com
888-480-6785

gerrithegirl

Post by gerrithegirl » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:22 pm

Thanks Coach Chris for responding to my post. I appreciate your feedback.

gerrithegirl :lol:

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”