Quitting

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
lockdo

Quitting

Post by lockdo » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:28 pm

Sometimes I feel like it's over!!! I just keep hanging in there!!!! :x

Mary B.

Re: Quitting

Post by Mary B. » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:34 am

Know that you are far from being alone in that thought! It is not easy but the reality is that recovering from anxiety/panic/dep is very doable. Thank God it is a condition that can be overcome. We have to persevere and just keep moving forward with the program and do things that will help us change the things that will make a difference. I have been suffering for well over a year (not to mention my history of panic disorder that I fully recovered from twice) So I know first hand that recovery is possible but here I am in the grips of it a third time and still battling toward recovery. WE should support one another bc it is very difficult and discouraging at times but there is not reason we cannot get thru it. Best to you and keep moving forward!!

stilltrying1

Post by stilltrying1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:19 am

I have to keep telling myself that quitting is not an option. You give me strength by saying you've recovered and relapsed, but are still trying. My depression has gone away and come back several times over the years, and now it's joined by anxiety. My hope is that this program will give me a solid framework to build my recovery on. Keep the faith!

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:57 pm

stick with the program it will help.

deb123

Post by deb123 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:46 am

Mary B, I've also recovered once--with this program, so I know it works. And it last for years. I thought I wouldn't need it again, but after a major move and job change, I need it. I needed it when I had the major move, but all my tapes (yes it was that long ago) were not organized. So after listening to tape/session 3 (negative self talk is a major factor in my depression and anxity) I decided to buy the CD's and start all over again. I believe it is helping. I know it will work. Last time I got so much better. But it's hard and we need support, which I didn't have and don't have too much of now.

So we all just need to keep going. It won't happen over night, but that's okay. I have time.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”