First post please reply :)

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
mborrows

First post please reply :)

Post by mborrows » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:53 pm

So I have been suffering from anxiety for 4 years now. To make a long long story short my wife was in a nasty car crash that nearly ended her life and to top it off we had been married for only 3 months at the time. That was 4 1/2 years ago. When the dust settled i started to get really bad panic attacks and anxiety which of course lead to depression. So here is the real reason im writing this post.
I finally started the program and just started session 4 today. I noticed that the first 2 sessions were good and i started to feel like i could do this. by the end of 3rd sessions my anxiety started acting up again. Im just wondering if this is normal and if anyone else was feeling a little funky starting the 4th sessions. Im also looking for positive feed back so please only positive resonses. Thank you friends!!

Samanthasicknes

Re: First post please reply :)

Post by Samanthasicknes » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:55 am

oh yes i felt the same way
im samantha and im on session 6 now but i remember when i was in the first cuppel sessions i hated it all the work ya know it sucked i was scared lol but thare was a spot after session 3 ware the workbook said we could take a two day break if we wanted to cuz of all the info we had to take in but i didnt i knew if i did more then likly i would not pic it back up, but every one is differant if u feal like u can take a little brake then do so but dont forget what the program has been talking about i felt like just thinking about what i can do now, with what the program did tell me in only 3 sessions that i could live a lil better ya know so its up to the person but i belive in u i know it will be ok
u can pm me if u like anytime i check the web site often

stilltrying1

Re: First post please reply :)

Post by stilltrying1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:40 am

I commend you for seeking help and understand how anxiety could set in after such a horrible accident. I was in a building that exploded, 3 out of 17 died. My husband was a great support for me during the recovery. Please be there for your wife and understand what she may be going through. Like you, my anxiety has increased since the start of the program. I attribute this to the fact that I am facing my depression and anxiety head on, looking at it instead of ignoring it and hiding it from my friends. Coach Chris said that the anxiety can be caused by taking responsibility for ourselves, making a decision to get better. My problem is follow through and I need to make myself keep moving forward regardless of how much I try to resist. My anxiety keeps me out of the good things I need to get better, so I am constantly battling with myself to get out more, talk to my friends, and do things that I "feel" I can't do, when I know perfectly well I can. It's about building up our strength again, back to where we functioned normally. Remember that you weren't always like this, and keep adding the good things back into your life.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”