Feeling Better

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
curtis123

Feeling Better

Post by curtis123 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:32 pm

These Last few weeks have been really really good until last weekend. I'm just finishing up on session 4 which is a powerful CD. This is not the first time that I have started this program but I remember 2 years ago listening to this session a thinking '' wow! this makes alot of sence". Anyway a thought poped into my head the other night that scared me to the point that I was really starting to question myself..I am defenately a obsessive thinker and I may have to take a sneek peek at session 10 to learn skills on what to do with a obsessive thought...Any one out there have advice ???let me know. Other than that I do feel like this program is for me..I will admit that it's hard to register all the information that were supposed to to recover.. One tip that I can recomend to anyone who has started this program a couple times and then quite IS TO KEEP ON TRACK. I have often felt that this is just too much info for me to register and that there is no way that i'll be able to take it all in.(pretty good negitive thought...right?) Prior attempts to this program I would tell myself what I need to do, but then forget everything in a very short while.. This round i'm writting in a journal everyday( almost) I really try to put up a stop sign when a negitive or obsesive thought pops into my head. I exercise daily even if it means taking my dogs to the mail box 5 min away. And I read the home work that is given and focus on the action assignments at the end. One other thing that seems to work is to read a self help book, I have chosen to read From Panic To Power by Lucinda Bassett. If anyone needs a motivater let me know..My spelling is the shits and my grammer sucks but i'll chat with anyone who wants to. Curt

coachchris

Re: Feeling Better

Post by coachchris » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:06 pm

Hi Curt,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. Thank you for your post. It's great to hear the commitment to yourself and progress with the program. We pack a lot of information into each lesson so I suggest as you go through each lesson to just focus on one or two items that you can practice each week. For example, when I went through lesson 4 my goal was to hear my shoulds and ask myself if they were reasonable, realistic or rationale. That week I also worked on under-reacting. These two things were my main focus. You can always come back around and do the program a second time. This is very common.

I also love the book by Shad Helmstetter called, What to Say When You Talk to Yourself.

Lucinda interview Shad for her book, The Solution, and it has some great selftalk scripts in the back.

Keep us posted on your progress.
We are here to help.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”