Dealing with A Crush (in every sense of the word)

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
valchichiboy

Dealing with A Crush (in every sense of the word)

Post by valchichiboy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:05 pm

I am in the fourth week of the Attack Anxiety program. I have done session 1-3 so many times before and for some reason I have never got passed to session four. Session four has been one of the most important lessons I've learned. In using the skills from session 1-4 I was able to have a better control on times when I would lost control and have an anxious episode.

One of the things that I had always lost control of was when it came to my crush. I had feelings for him and he would say that he's not interested in me, yet he would do things that were contrary to the fact. It has been a year of feeling hurt, taken advantage of and used. I forgave him several times even when he didn't deserve it. I do not understand why he does what he does but this program has taught me how to deal with my anger. Using session two, I was able to have a better control of my anger. Using session four in conjunction with session two, I was able to not have much expectations about him.

After ten days of my recovery and not talking to him. He contacts me and I respond. Yesterday he hurts me again after i had treated him to the movies and invited him to hangout at my house. Remember, although I had a strong crush on him I still consider him a friend but friends don't ditch other friends like he does.

How do I deal with this? How do I deal with this crush that may be coming up again? How do I move on?

Thanks,

BlueD

Re: Dealing with A Crush (in every sense of the word)

Post by BlueD » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi, I am glad that the program is helping you. I am sorry that someone is doing this to you... I have had crushes before and its so hard because you want so badly to believe them and for them to want you like you want them. The only answer I can give you is when you finally get tired of dealing with the hurt and lies that you will be able to walk away and not look back! I pt up with a man that was abusive and cheated on me a lot and I would ask friends what should I do and one day my best friend told me just what im telling you, she said when you get completely tired of being treated bad then you will stop this.
I thought about it for a while and I told my self I was done and I moved on... the best way to get over a crush is to stay busy, go out with other ppl, hang out with friends! Find something to do and just keep busy. He will see how happy you are and come crawling back and try but tell your self you refuse to let him bring you down!! Just keep your head up!

VJosaphat

Re: Dealing with A Crush (in every sense of the word)

Post by VJosaphat » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Are you sure he is really your "friend"?
Friends don't hurt each other,You need to realize that you are more important that, than.You don't need friends in your life that treat you like that.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”