The Journey Continues!

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
MirandaLey

The Journey Continues!

Post by MirandaLey » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:36 am

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my progress. I have started on Session 4 today, but I'm actually five weeks into the program (I spent two weeks on Lesson 3 because I felt I really needed extra time to work on getting positive). I am feeling really great. I just can't get over how each time I listen to the program and hear these people's stories, I feel so motivated and so optimistic. It feels like sitting with a group of friends that I can absolutely relate to. Hearing their stories of triumph over anxiety and depression is the best motivation possible.

I am really looking forward to this week. I know that I am a perfectionist. I expect to be a perfect mother, for my husband to always understand me, my family to always be loving and kind, and my friends to be the same. I expect all sorts of unhealthy things. So I really think this session will be huge for me.

Is anyone else just starting this session? For those of you who are going through it, please share your insight!

maryelizabeth

Re: The Journey Continues!

Post by maryelizabeth » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:06 pm

I will be starting session 4 tomorrow. I don't feel the optimism that you do.

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:44 pm

I listened to session 4 last night and I don't feel it as much either... I guess some ppl do better than others!
I still have hope tho!!!

MirandaLey

Post by MirandaLey » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:56 pm

Keep at it guys! I am no on Session 12 (took a few extra weeks here and there for lessons I found I really wanted to sink in) and although I still have days where I can get obsessve (I have OCD) I don't let the obsessive thoughts scare me anymore! I am doing wonderful and it's thanks to this program. You'll get there too. Remeber about positive thinking -- it is a healthy habit that you need to practice cultivating!

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”