First time posting

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
aemjjs

First time posting

Post by aemjjs » Mon May 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi!
This is my first time posting. I have checked in a couple of times and didn't notice to many active posts. I wasn't sure about where the best place was to post. I purchased this program 4 years ago but for some reason I did not get past session 2. I recently got the courage to take it out and start it again and I am now on session 4. I am so mad at myself that I didn't continue 5 years ago. I feel that session 3 has really help me a lot. I spent 3 weeks on it. I am now on the 2nd week of session 4. I feel session 4 has been a really tough session for me, but I think I finally got it. I am going to spend another week just to make sure before I move onto the next session. :)

sw1

Re: First time posting

Post by sw1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Also my first time posting. I bought the program more than five years ago, listened to CDs, but didn't really do the work. I am now on Session 4 and doing well keeping up with the homework.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:22 am

Sw1,

Welcome to the forums. I especially love the awareness this lesson gave me. So many of us get overwhelmend with the should's the world gives us and the ones we pile up on ourselves. No wonder we don't feel good!

What made you get the program 5 years ago?

Here to help,
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

MarkInNC

Post by MarkInNC » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:45 am

Hi everyone,

This is the first time that I am actually working the program, although I have read countless self help books including at least one of Lucinda's. I've been through some anxiety related illnesses and have tried different prescription drugs over the years. I think this lesson has helped me tremendously in seeing the source of much of my anxiety. I tend to have overly high expectations while at the same time fearing that those expectations won't be met: a recipe for stress. I think that I have known that this was a problem for me, but the realization that others have conquered this problem comforts me.

I don't think that being mad at yourself for not completing the program earlier is particularly helpful. I had seen the infomercials many times myself but never ordered them. I choose to believe that we simply weren't ready for the answers yet. Life's a journey and maybe we've just now reached the point that we can make the needed changes the program requires.

Mark

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:24 am

Great job Mark. Your attitude is right on. You are going to have certain success in your personal growth. Keep us posted, we are here to help.

Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”