Does Anyone post???

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
katz

Does Anyone post???

Post by katz » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:10 pm

I cant believe it. I thought we were here to support each other! There must be some newbees out there. I just see old post from people that are long past this session by now or already done with the program. I have read someone else complain she wasn't getting any support in these post either. I am not feeling sorry for myself, but come on guy's! I am struggling. Do I have to check every three days to see if anyone ever replies?

Iwillbebetter

Re: Does Anyone post???

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:58 am

I'm sorry that you did not get a response. :( I know when I first started coming I didn't always get a response :( I decided that was my "expectations" and I would continue on anyway. It seems at times there are more people here than others. I am not done with the program. Am slowly getting threw it. I am on session 8, but would be happy to offer any insight or support I can! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Dear katz: I know what you mean. I have been posting a lot on this website recently
but not really receiving a lot of responses. People don't write every day here and/or
they don't check back on their last posts or any new posts. I just wanted you to know
that I feel the same way. I am starting on Session Five now ( I am doing the program
for the second time ). I am the only one that has posted on "Session Five" for a month
now, with no responses there. Lynda Lu

ladybug_101

Post by ladybug_101 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:29 am

I KNOW WHAT U MEAN IAM ON SESSION 12 AND I HAVE THE ONLY POST EXCEPT I FINALLY HAVE SOME ONE WHO HAS REACHED OUT TO LENDED AN EAR :D I LOVED SESSION 5 IT WAS MY FAVORITE SESSION SO FAR :D ANYTHING I CAN HELP WITH I WLD BE GLAD TO I JUST WISH MORE PEOPLE WLD SUPPORT THE SIGHT !!

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:55 am

ladybug_101 wrote:I KNOW WHAT U MEAN IAM ON SESSION 12 AND I HAVE THE ONLY POST EXCEPT I FINALLY HAVE SOME ONE WHO HAS REACHED OUT TO LENDED AN EAR :D I LOVED SESSION 5 IT WAS MY FAVORITE SESSION SO FAR :D ANYTHING I CAN HELP WITH I WLD BE GLAD TO I JUST WISH MORE PEOPLE WLD SUPPORT THE SIGHT !!
You loved Session Five :!: . Ugh :lol: . It was my hardest Session. I had already eliminated the caffeine previously, but I
had to totaly eliminate the sugar . The exercise part I am going to have to work on as I go
along, because exercise has never really been a part of my life. I am so glad to hear that you are already on
Session Twelve, wow, that is great :!:

Lynda Lu :)

peony

Post by peony » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:28 am

Hi,

I posted a few days ago for help and waited a few days. Finally someone replied and I was really grateful. I was just reading here for quite awhile and now I think I will post more just to let people know there are others out there working the program.

I am on session 5 and spent 2 weeks each on session 4 and 3. I can see there is a lot of deep changes that are needed. I think I have seen some changes in terms of stupid irrational neg thoughts and silly expectations. But it's a constant battle. I find the little book of neg thoughts and the steps: 1) Neg thought, 2) questioning, 3) restating,4) transition, 5) problem solving, 6)writing down .... is really helpful for me. I get some relief from the process.

Onward,,,, climbing up and sliding down climbing up again! We can do it. We can change and free up our minds for better things!

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:42 am

peony wrote:Hi,

I posted a few days ago for help and waited a few days. Finally someone replied and I was really grateful. I was just reading here for quite awhile and now I think I will post more just to let people know there are others out there working the program.

I am on session 5 and spent 2 weeks each on session 4 and 3. I can see there is a lot of deep changes that are needed. I think I have seen some changes in terms of stupid irrational neg thoughts and silly expectations. But it's a constant battle. I find the little book of neg thoughts and the steps: 1) Neg thought, 2) questioning, 3) restating,4) transition, 5) problem solving, 6)writing down .... is really helpful for me. I get some relief from the process.

Onward,,,, climbing up and sliding down climbing up again! We can do it. We can change and free up our minds for better things!
Thanks for your post and welcome to the program ! :D

I am just starting Session Seven of the program. I feel that the difference

between being assertive and being agressive really needs to be addressed.

People with anxiety need to know that they can be assertive and that this is a good thing.

Being assertive is standing up for yourself, being confident 8-) .

I just finished Session Six in which I could relate to mood swings, but not neccessarily to

the anger part. I am still having questions about whether I have anger issues or not.

Still trying to figure out if annoy / anger / irritate mean the same thing.

I consider what I have to be irritation or annoyance, but not anger.

Anger to me is something loud and violent :?: .

Session Five was my worst session because I don't eat right and I never exercise, I will definately have to really

be working on Session Five for a long time :shock: .

I really enjoyed Session Three and Session Four because I could totaly understand

the issues brought across in both of those sessions, the self-esteem and the high expectations. Especially the high

expectations, I could see myself on every page of that chapter.

I believe that a lot of these conditions are genetic / hereditary and that my family members

suffer from some of, if not all of , the condtions I am suffering through. We are all just living through

the symptoms in different ways :? .

Session Two about panic attacks was right up my alley as I used to have severe panic

attacks and now suffer from a lot of anxiety. I am happy the real severe panic attacks are gone now

because they were so debilitating, they affected every day of my life :o .

Session One was a good overview of the conditions, but pretty basic. Lynda Lu :D

peony

Post by peony » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:03 pm

Starting session 6 tomorrow. Should be interesting.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:07 am

peony wrote:Starting session 6 tomorrow. Should be interesting.
I scored way too high on that exercise on page 87, the one about being angry, irritated or upset :!:
I was in the 61-96 range:
"If you scored over 60 chances are good that you find yourself angry quite often.
You are easily annoyed and tend to see yourself as a victim much of the time.
You are choosing this misery. You choose to react this way. You can choose to be less affected.
You need to work on managing your anger and you should have plenty of opportunities."

Lynda :)

mombo

Post by mombo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:52 pm

this is my first time on....talking with other people about this is a new experience for me. I am on session 4 and so far I am quickly feeling like a new person. One thing I have noticed though is that just doing this I have this urge in the back of my head wanting me to portray myself to you all as really normal with no weaknesses....ughhhhhh I am talking positively to myself though realizing that you all will probably really relate.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”