Does Anyone post???

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
peony

Re: Does Anyone post???

Post by peony » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:46 pm

Hey Lynda,

I had been thinking about how to deal with some of my anger even before I started this program.
I have a lot of anger around some things that weren't in the questionnaire, namely government decisions that are causing inequalities in income, picking on poor and disadvantaged, and benefiting the rich people and corporations. I was bringing myself down big time. About 6 months ago my sister said "why dont you work on yourself?" instead of focussing on things I have no control of. So I decided to sort out my anger topics 1) things I can do something about and 2) things I have no control over.

I dont know if Lucinda would agree with this or not but it has helped me. Sometimes there's no benefit in getting mad. It only hurts yourself. I try to write to lawmakers about some of these decisions, sign petitions, etc,,,, things I CAN do. And leave the anger alone when I have done what I can.

Hope this helps.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:51 pm

peony wrote:Hey Lynda,

I had been thinking about how to deal with some of my anger even before I started this program.
I have a lot of anger around some things that weren't in the questionnaire, namely government decisions that are causing inequalities in income, picking on poor and disadvantaged, and benefiting the rich people and corporations. I was bringing myself down big time. About 6 months ago my sister said "why dont you work on yourself?" instead of focussing on things I have no control of. So I decided to sort out my anger topics 1) things I can do something about and 2) things I have no control over.

I dont know if Lucinda would agree with this or not but it has helped me. Sometimes there's no benefit in getting mad. It only hurts yourself. I try to write to lawmakers about some of these decisions, sign petitions, etc,,,, things I CAN do. And leave the anger alone when I have done what I can.

Hope this helps.

Yep, corporations get a lot of breaks and get money from the government to help them out . . . .
all while there are children starving in the United States every single day. Something is SO wrong
out there . . . glad you have decided to do something about it. Keep up the great work !
Lynda :)

peony

Post by peony » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:21 am

Dear mombo,

I have only been on here a short while but I find it nice to come and see others who are working on the same things. I have found that I am feeling better too. (on session 6)

I can relate to trying to "seem okay" like we do every day. We can be honest here. There's only one person I can be and that's myself!

Yeah, sometimes I like to seem better than I really am.... hey maybe I AM that together person once in awhile... isn't that what we are trying to do? Be less negative and be more positive?
Cheers

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:03 pm

mombo wrote:this is my first time on....talking with other people about this is a new experience for me. I am on session 4 and so far I am quickly feeling like a new person. One thing I have noticed though is that just doing this I have this urge in the back of my head wanting me to portray myself to you all as really normal with no weaknesses....ughhhhhh I am talking positively to myself though realizing that you all will probably really relate.

Welcome mombo:

Here is something from a book I just read:

People bond when they allow others to know what hasn't gone well in their lives
or what is currently not going well.
They bond when they take chances and reveal their weaknesses and dissappointments
and struggles and fears to one another.
They bond when they summon the courage and faith to tell the truth about their lives
and kindle each other's compassion.

Lynda

peony

Post by peony » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:20 am

Lynda,
Thanks for posting the quote. It inspired me to have an honest gripe session on the RE; WHAT ARE YOUR EXPECTATIONS LIKE thread. Have a look at my life right now. Thanks again

lucy knepp

Post by lucy knepp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:49 pm

I just started getting in forum and mini chat . I did go through the program last year and am practicing what I learned. Hoping to have a happier life. Finally! I am 62 yrs old and have had depression and anxiety and scary thoughts, etc for over 50 years. I found that reading these forums.......event he old ones are helpfu, but I do enjoy the one on one conversations with ppl responding to my comments and sometimes rambling. I wish katz and all newbies and oldbies all the best and wish them happiness. I am willing to be pm's anytime and if I can make a comment that might make some difference for the good then hurray!!! Love you all :)
Lucy Knepp

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:22 pm

lucy knepp wrote:I just started getting in forum and mini chat . I did go through the program last year and am practicing what I learned. Hoping to have a happier life. Finally! I am 62 yrs old and have had depression and anxiety and scary thoughts, etc for over 50 years. I found that reading these forums.......event he old ones are helpfu, but I do enjoy the one on one conversations with ppl responding to my comments and sometimes rambling. I wish katz and all newbies and oldbies all the best and wish them happiness. I am willing to be pm's anytime and if I can make a comment that might make some difference for the good then hurray!!! Love you all :)
Lucy Knepp
Thanks for your support Lucy !

Lynda Lu :D

debra1952

Post by debra1952 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi there,
I'm fairly new and just started on this peer group thing in Session 3. I'm just about to start Session 4 tomorrow. I did get a couple of responses but I get what you mean. You really feel like you want to talk to someone and then nobody responds. I also get annoyed when someone posts only to advertise some product - not a legitimate sufferer working through the program but I guess that's impossible to avoid.

Lyndalu, I expect I'll be posting on Session 4 once I get started - sorry if you're way beyond that by now.

allenae9

Post by allenae9 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:20 pm

I do and I am also on session 4. I usually just post and reply in the general comments because I find a lot of things to relate to in that section. And there are a few of us who do post who are currently in the program as newbs. I have found this as a great tool to get my thoughts out there even if no one responds. LyndaLu usually has my back and everyone else's. There is also a mini chat that a lot of people like to use for direct conversation.
As I grow to understand life less and less, I learn to love it more and more. ~Jules Renard

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:59 am

debra1952 wrote:Hi there,
I'm fairly new and just started on this peer group thing in Session 3. I'm just about to start Session 4 tomorrow. I did get a couple of responses but I get what you mean. You really feel like you want to talk to someone and then nobody responds. I also get annoyed when someone posts only to advertise some product - not a legitimate sufferer working through the program but I guess that's impossible to avoid.

Lyndalu, I expect I'll be posting on Session 4 once I get started - sorry if you're way beyond that by now.
Welcome ! It is so nice to hear from you !
Session Three is such an important Session, I believe it is the cornerstone of the program.
How many of us start our day with negative thoughts? Just changing a few of those thoughts
to positve, realistic ones can really make a difference in our day. I have to admit, I have
been a negative thinker all of my life. It is very hard to change a bad habit, but we CAN DO IT.
Keep up the great work and hope to hear from you soon.
Lynda Lu :D

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”