Here we go

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Iwillbebetter

Here we go

Post by Iwillbebetter » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:33 am

Well I'll be starting session 4 today. Another one that's going to take some practice. But I know I do have some expectations that are a bit out there. For myself and family memebers. This is going to take a lot of letting go.
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Nel01073

Re: Here we go

Post by Nel01073 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi iwillbebetter. This is a great session. I come back to it all the time. Good luck. :D

perspectivegirl

Post by perspectivegirl » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:37 am

I agree with Nel, this session always lets me take a step back and really assess scenarios and what they really are versus what I'm making them out to be.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:15 am

Thanks for the replies. I can see how this would be one to come back to. I'm sure I will be back to it also!! It's amazing how many expectations we can put on ourselves, much less others!! It is time to take a big step back!! As hard as it will be, I am VERY excited for this session!! I know this will bring me much more "peace" so to say!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:43 pm

I have done the program and this step or Session has really helped me. Especially this time of year. I've changed all the ways I use to do Christmas and I expected less and did less and feel so much better about how it all went and we had a great Christmas Day! Paislee

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:33 am

paisleegreen thanks for your response
It's funny that you mention that. I was just thinking I am SO glad I had that session right before Christmas. Although we never have a "bad" Christmas so to say, I do normally let my expectations of how the kids should act, what I should get, what I got people etc... I let that get in the way and make Christmas less than great.
This year however even my boyfriend said it was a really GREAT Christmas this year. I allowed the kids to be kids. I decided ahead of time, I would love my gifts no matter what they were. And I was not going to stress and worry that my gifts to others were not good enough or costly enough. We even all (aside from my boyfriend) ended up with the flu but would still say it was a great christmas :)

It's amazing how different something can be/feel when only we change our expectation of it!!! WOW :) I'm sure at least for a while I will be coming back to this one also!! :) along with the positive self talk :) that came in handy also :)

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”