Session 4

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Nel01073

Session 4

Post by Nel01073 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi im starting session 4 today. So far im feeling a lot better as I learn I dont have to control everything. As I think about some of my shoulds its clear how a lot of them are mine but some I cant figure out if theyre mine or that somebody else has for me. Does this happen to anybody?

darl125

Re: Session 4

Post by darl125 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:27 pm

hi - glad you are doing well..I just ended session 4 and started session 5..I too have gone thru my should list and yes its hard to figure out if they are yours or someone elses...Im just taking each day and moment at a time and trying not to worry about what everyone else thinks..session 4 really helps with that as you will see when you start..it also may help you put some of those shoulds in perspective as it teaches about high expectations of you and others..it took me a few weeks to get through it cause I just couldn't get passed some things but Im happy to say now I have moved on..Let me know what you think and how you do with session 4.

Have a good day.

Darlene

Nel01073

Re: Session 4

Post by Nel01073 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Thank you Darlene. Glad youre on session 5 now. I really like this session also session 3 made more sense after listening to it. I really hope it helps because I struggle with trying to please everybody and trying to control how they see me. I also get disappointed when people dont live up to my expectations. I want to go back to school but dont know when I guess im still unsure about some things. Im trying to take it one day at a time like you said. Good luck to you. :)

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”