Can't seem to get passed Session 4

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
darl125

Can't seem to get passed Session 4

Post by darl125 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:10 pm

So I am going through lesson 4 for the past couple of weeks now and I get the Expect less and get more idea..I have been looking for a job effortlessly over the past few months and have not been successful thus far..I have been coping with it and keeping my emotions in check..keeping things for myself at a more realistic state cause I can be extremely hard on myself..I made the step to go to a staffing agency who is suppose to assist in finding a job...everything went well during the meeting I just had to complete some skills computerized testing in which they were going to send to me via email...figured ok no problem..except never received an email..so I called and they said they are sending..never received...I had to call everyday and send emails..they don't return calls or acknowledge emails..Is it too much to ask for people to follow through when they tell you they are going to do something or provide a reason as to why they can't or won't? Then I received a call from another staffing agency they sent me some skills test, one of them was a writing test and I'm not very good in that category so don't think it went well --but I dont know for sure because this agency too doesn't retun phone calls...so I walked into a place and handed in an application..lady seemed to like me very much -again no call back...I think maybe I was too confident -I handed in with my resume and references written letters of recommendations - I felt that I needed to prove that I am a good and dependable worker and that people have had good experiences with my work - Can't help thinking that maybe it was overkill and seems too cocky....It was a customer service position and feel that it would have been good for them to see that a good and reliable employee was going to be good for their company. Is that expecting too much to get some feedback? It's very frustrating cause it is not like I am going for things that exceed what I can do..I just want to have a job and go to work everyday so that I can work on myself, meet knew people etc. I don't think that is expecting too much.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”