"SEROQUEL"

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
isabel001

"SEROQUEL"

Post by isabel001 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:52 pm

HI GUYS... my doctor put me on seroquel but i couldn't take the side effects of it...

has anyone of you been on this medication? could you pls tell me the side effects it gave you... IM JUST SO SCARED OF MEDICATIONS.......

lcorum

Re: "SEROQUEL"

Post by lcorum » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:15 am

Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:•allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
•difficulty swallowing
•fast or irregular heartbeat
•fever or chills, sore throat
•increased hunger or thirst
•increased urination
•problems with balance, talking, walking
•seizures
•stiff muscles
•suicidal thoughts or other mood changes
•uncontrollable head, mouth, neck, arm, or leg movements
•unusually weak or tired

Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
•change in sex drive or performance
•constipation
•drowsy or dizzy
•dry mouth
•stomach upset
•weight gain
But then again anxiety can trick you into thinking your having the side effects. I know like you I'm affraid to take meds and have had looked up the side effects and could almost instantly have the worst of them and found myself affraid for my life. Then a little later I would find myself ok. wow the mind is a powerful thing. Good luck

elleniniowa

Re: "SEROQUEL"

Post by elleniniowa » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:40 am

Seroquel is an anti-psychotic, and it gave me nightmares that scared me to death so I had to quit it.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”