feeling of being lightheaded, about to faint

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
isabel001

feeling of being lightheaded, about to faint

Post by isabel001 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:48 pm

hi guys...

i was in field museum yesterday and i was roaming around, i felt like i was drunk... though i didnt drink any alcoholic beverage..

i felt like i was light headed, i felt weird, i felt spacey and this feeling of BEWILDERMENT happens to me all the time...

this usually happens in the morning til afternoon...

has anyone of you feel these symptoms?

Scottishchassc

Re: feeling of being lightheaded, about to faint

Post by Scottishchassc » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:26 pm

I have it on occassion epecially when I go to a store. Sometimes my legs get a weak feeling like they are going to give way. Het lightheaded and usually my neck muscles get tight and get a headache in the back of my head. Once I get home it goes away...I hate it

4Judy2

Post by 4Judy2 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:09 am

I used to think there was something physically wrong with me when I'd get lightheaded. Now, with the breathing technique and my attempts to add positive thoughts, these feelings are beginning to go away. I HATE them, too! But I AM positive that by continuing through this program, they will go away. Are you having any luck?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:52 pm

Wow, I get those feelings too! Especially Scottish chassc symptoms. Legs weak, neck very tight, weird feelings...I'm sure it is from the stress of going to the store or I will get it even at home and I'm stressing over family members attitudes. I feel relaxed when i'm with friendly people and I'm able to talk and laugh. But when there's tension at home, things get bad. So right now, my release was going to the water park and being with happy people...now they are closing and I'm stuck at home with two grumpy people sometimes.

So then I go outside and pull weeds and do yard work and then I'm sore, but taking an Advil adds to some of my symptoms. Ugh. I hope to get this figured out. I do know that eating almonds, tuna, chicken, lean beef makes me feel better, adding complex carboyhydrates help, but then a light headed feeling comes about. I discern that it is the chemical change of sugar doing it. I decide whether I'm feeling anxious or jittery or a different kind of feeling.

Walking really helps with this as well as riding a bike or aerobic exercise, but as I said before there are some stresses at home that adds to the way I feel, so being elsewhere I feel better. I think part of it is that I feel overwhelmed at what I need to do to get caught up on things, so I get anxious and this brings on those awful feelings. Ugh...Paislee.

delano

Post by delano » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Ditto to everyone. I am a charter/tour and school bus driver. I can drive the bus empty, but when passengers get on board or I am anticipating passengers getting on board, it takes everything I have to prevent a panic attack. I have not been able to drive for a while now. Symptoms start out with a little nausea, then a little stomach gas and belching which slows the nausea for a few seconds, then onto the light headedness, weak and heavy legs and arms to the point of failure, lightheadedness adds to it bewilderment, confusion and difficulty breathing as the nausea continues to climb. At this point, if I don't get the passengers or myself off the bus I feel I will pass out, jump out of my skin, throw up on myself and the passengers and lose my mind. I am on session 4 now and it is getting a little better, but still not able to drive. I will be working with a substitute driver tomorrow and see how things go. Using the skills, ie. acceptance/permission, 2-4 breathing, positive self talk, and distractions has slightly improved the situation. Looking forward to driving soon. I know I will. Keep the faith! We will beat this!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Sorry Delano--that you are having such extreme symptoms that keep you from driving the bus. I hope you can keep working the program and feel safe when passengers come on. Are you worried about what they might think of you? I get anxious feelings when my husband or 20 year old son is around. I read too much into their facial expressions...but I have been made to feel anxious by their actions in the past and actions that are continuing. So I can understand what you are going through...if this is why the passengers "scare" you. Paislee

delano

Post by delano » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:30 pm

I don't know why I have the panic attacks. Still working on it. Could be fear of making a mistake. Fear of being judged negatively. Fear of someone watching me. These are just guesses. I wanted to also mention the back of neck, lower back pain and resulting headache that occurs also. Re: symptoms from original thread.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:00 pm

Delano--I can relate to those symptoms. Not fun...I hope things get worked out on your anxiety with passengers. I can understand it as being all of the reasons you listed. Paislee

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”