PMS and anxiety...HELP!

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Mrs. W

PMS and anxiety...HELP!

Post by Mrs. W » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Do any of you other women out there who suffer from anxiety notice that your anxiety triples when you're pms-ing? I am trying to cal myself down. I know why I am feeling this way and I'm trying to "float" with it and slow my breathing. I've even taken a xanax, but it is like this every month for a week or more before I finally start my period. Any support or suggestions on how to better handle this? I even prepeared myself this month, since I've been in this program and it's definitely better than before, but I still feel like my heart is going to leap out of my chest! :cry:

CreativeRach

Re: PMS and anxiety...HELP!

Post by CreativeRach » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Thank you for posting, I thought I was alone with this one. Yes my anxiety during lady time is out of control for me. The mood swings, the anxiety about the mood swings, the bloating, headaches, and resentment that I have to endure this once a month. I feel like my whole month is shot, there's the week before the period, and the week after is the period, and that's half a month! It's like I'm not myself for half a month! It's frustrating. I have anxiety about snapping at someone, or about the body feelings, and just want to hide and get it over with already. It was hard for me to be at work and this happening. My job was high stress, we were understaffed and everything had to be done not now, but YESTERDAY. lol I was drinking tons of coffee to get throught the work and just every cramp would stop me in my tracks, then anxiety about people knowing I don't feel well. I lot of people there were unkind to me. I am on antidepressant and antianxiety medication and birthcontrol pills. 6 months ago I had an ovarian cyst rupture and was in excrutiating pain. After that I was told that I would have to take a higher dose of the birth control pills so that more cysts wouldn't come back indefinitely. I am grateful this happened, because I have decided to skip my period so that I only have it 4 times a year. It works a lot better for me to only have to deal with it this often. My anxiety has decreased significantly because I have better control over when it comes. Also it's the same pill each week which keeps things more stable. When I was on a low dose of pills, there were three weeks of different doses of the pills, and i was crying at dog food commercials. I would cry at everything. Feel free to email me whenever :] queenrachey@aol.com

mramirez10

Re: PMS and anxiety...HELP!

Post by mramirez10 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:34 pm

I too have had such bad problems with PMS. I have found a natural supplement that helps a lot. It is Female Balance. You can find it athttp://www.femalebalance.com/ Hope it can help you too.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”