someone help please

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
lcorum

someone help please

Post by lcorum » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:36 pm

I'm afraid to die but I dont want to live like this anymore. I'm 31 and cant deal with life stresses. I get so overwhelmed that no matter how hard I try the body symtoms send me right back where I started from. At times it feels that things are going so fast my head feels like its going to pop off and spin up in the air and when I do calm down I feel just that ,down. This problem cost me my job I'm not able to provide for my family. Everytime I try to do somthing productive like work I instantly get dizzy and disorianted and have to stop because it will get so bad I will puke. I feel so useless as a man, father, and husben. four months ago I was fine. Now out of no where I get this and I feel my life is over. How will I ever work again. It dosnt matter even a little simple thing can send me out of controll. Then it takes me days to try and bring myself out of the pit. I'll feel sick for days after the stress is even gone. I wish I were never even born. I didnt ask for this life. If I wasnt afraid of were I would go I would end it. But then again I'm afraid to die too. I feel so tormented. Punished. Someone please help me I'm so desprite.

Mrs. W

Re: someone help please

Post by Mrs. W » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Please don't give up on yourself and especially God. I don't know what your faith is, but I believe in God and I know he doesn't want this life for you. I'm wondering if you are seeing a therapist? I can relate to your physical symptoms! Those are the same symptoms I get with a severe panic attack. Thank God I haven't had one in awhile. The reason I asked about therapy is because just today I was talking to my therapist and asked her what would happen if I had to go back to work but had too much anxiety to work and what happens to those people?(luckily my husband has his own company and I don't work anymore) She said you can go on disability for stress. It takes your therapist and your doctor agreeing and then putting you on disability for it. Inthe meantime, therapy will help you to overcome this. This started 4 months ago for a reason. Finding out why, or discussing it if yo know why will help. Also, as much as I hate and don't take meds, that isn't my belief for everyone. It may be a good idea for you to temporarily get on a med until you can get a hold of this and then get off of it. Bottom line is, there ARE answers and you WILL be ok! You will come through this! So many of us on here have been through what you are going through. You are not alone! Please talk to a therapist and especially God! I'll pray for you. Please post how you're doing! God Bless!

Mrs. W

Mrs. W

Post by Mrs. W » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:27 pm

Icorum,
It's Mrs. W again. Please let me know how you're doing! I've been praying for you!

Mrs. W

lcorum

Post by lcorum » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:57 pm

I'm still alive. I've noticed with trying to be positive that the feelings of being sick and the symtoms are all still there but my attitude is what changes. Regardless how I feel Gods still on the throne. Even if I cant feel him I know hes their and I'm his. Its just at times I get so tired of feeling sick dizzy and all the rest of the symtoms that comes with anxiety if thats what this is. Ten years ago I had anxiety but it was so different from now. I did'nt get dizzy of feel sick all I can remember was my heart hurt and I had numbness in the chest and my heart would fly away really fast. When I got saved it all went away. I've had blood work ,ekg,cat scan of head, eco on heart and a twenty four hour heart monitor tests and all look ok but I feel horrable. So when the doctors told me nothings wronge and its anxiety I looked back and get so fustrated because this is totally different than before. Ive tried zoloft and that made no difference my body did burn. Then I tryed cymbolta and It made it worse. I couldnt sleep while on it. It made me feel extremly anxious. So I take xanax twice a day when needed and it helped with the anxiousness but not the symtoms at first but now I feel so dependent on them. For instance I'm the main musicain in my church and I have to take it just to play. It feels horrable depending on pills doctors and feeling God wont help like you did somthing wronge and deserve it. I've often thought I was demon oppressed so I've prayed and pressed towards him and it seemed to get worse. I've been serving God for ten years or close to it. Theres so much to say and tomuch to fit in one time sitting down to type it out . Thanks for your reply. God bless.

lcorum

Post by lcorum » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:13 pm

I just got back from the doctor and she put me on prozac and told me she cant do anymore that i needed to go to mental health because shes never treated someone as bad as me. My wife was in there with us and shes at her end of her rope to she told the doctor she was going to be done with me if she could'nt get me better quick. I'm lost for words I dont know what to do. No one understands me. All I know is I feel Like I'm dying every waking moment and no one can help. I will press on though and take the meds to see if I get better and I will go see someone at mental health. Last night in church I ask God to reveal whats going on so I could do something about it. Maybe this is his way. I dont know but all I know is I need it to end. God will it ever end I just found out while typing this message my dog was kill hit by a car. Death Death Death thats all I been facing the last two years I CAN"T TAKE ANYMORE!

twinny

Post by twinny » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:56 pm

icorum...please know your not the only one who feels some of the things you do....im just as afraid and upset about alot of things in my life...you may want to try a knew doctor...im not a real believer in meds ...i think natural remedies work just as if not better....consider looking for a book by David D Burns md....its called =When panic attacks=....he has a few out there...im working through it now and would love to share thoughts with anyone who has read it....Believe that God is carring you right now...if he wasnt you wouldnt be getting replys from others who dont even know you and want to help you as much as we need our own help.....take care...scared in ny tammy

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi Icorum I agree with twinny, DR David Burns books can help you. His ten steps to Self Esteem helped me to get off meds. That was before I heard of Lucinda. Prozac is a good Anti depressant, but I never had symptoms like yours.

Walking, eating meals high in protein, such as chicken, eggs, beef, nuts, tuna, seafood, Omega threes help to calm. As well as, sunshine, being with happy people, praying, journaling, gardening and so forth. I'm so sorry about your dog, I lost mine two years ago to an injury that turned septic and I had to put him to sleep. I miss him very much. He went with me everywhere.

Hope you feel better...Paislee

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”