Why do the lights always turn yellow for me

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
garyhermesch52

Why do the lights always turn yellow for me

Post by garyhermesch52 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:32 pm

It just dawned on me on the way to church this morning that I'm always looking ahead at the lights at the intersections and
if they're green I'm expecting them (there's that word again) to turn yellow just as I approach the intersection. Then when they do happen to turn yellow I'm like see there I was right, I just got screwed. I pretty much take it personal and feel like
I just got the shaft just because the stupid light turned yellow. So I actually had to try to consciously change my thinking and
tell myself that God or somebody up there was not causing those lights to turn yellow just as a way of clubbing me over the
head or something. Thats just when they happened to be programmed to change. That right there was kind of a relief. I might
also add that since I'm an engineer, I'm always thinking in terms of all that energy thats wasted every time I have to brake to
a stop and then get going again (just think of all those guys dying in Iraq and Afghanistan over energy). Sounds like a perfectionist and a worrier, don't it? http://forum.stresscenter.com/posting.p ... post&f=270#

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”