Life isnt perfect, bad things happen to everyone

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Tifinage

Life isnt perfect, bad things happen to everyone

Post by Tifinage » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Hey guys,
I have been listening to session 4 where Lucinda says that life isnt fair and bad things happen to everyone. Does this apply to other people doing things to you in your life that negatively affect you? For example, mal-practice situations wihere doctors dont know what they are doing and as a result you are left with some kind of health problem forever or you loose someone you love?
thanks you for reading and i would greatly appreciate some advice.

-Tiffany

hear4you

Re: Life isnt perfect, bad things happen to everyone

Post by hear4you » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Tiffany, I love your question because it's something that everyone can relate to. In this world, we are all at some point affected by the decisions and actions of another person. Even when another person does something to negatively affect you. As hurtful and unfair of a situation that may be, you have control over the way you respond. It's learning how to respond to these hurtful situations in a way that's positve, that will allow you to keep your peace of mind, and hold on to your joy in life. It's easy to get resentful, and continue to question "why";however it's 100% unproductive and only makes a situation worse. So learning how to accept different misfortunes yet still maintaing the control you have over your emotions, will be your anchor in really getting past depression and anxiety.

Your friend,
~Understanding

Tifinage

Re: Life isnt perfect, bad things happen to everyone

Post by Tifinage » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:41 am

Understanding,

Wow thank you so much for your advice. You seem very wise and I appreciate this great advice :)

-Tiffany

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”