Im getting desparate

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Bryson

Im getting desparate

Post by Bryson » Wed May 18, 2011 10:46 am

I have nightmares every night. I never feel rested and it's so stressful. I don't feel comfortable anywhere not at home,not with friends and not with family. I even try to go on walks and feel like everybody sees how fragile I am. I don't even feel comfortable around my own daughter. I always feel like something bad is going to happen to her and I wont be able to protect her. I almost cry every time I see her and feel like i am loosing my mind. How do I get better, who do I talk to. I thought the program was working but it just opened up old wounds. I feel like I'm going to do something stupid. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

victorzuma

Re: Im getting desparate

Post by victorzuma » Wed May 18, 2011 3:19 pm

what i have been doing is before sleeping i count sheep well not true i just repeat positive affermation over and over untill i fall asleep. I repeat a positive affermation on what ever issue i am having. If i am having night mares if i am cought off gard i take charge and say to my self its just a nightmare and i have over my dreams and i start over and begin the process over and start to repeat i am in controrl of my dreams i will have good beautiful dreams daily it works try try try never give on the power of controlling your dreams

Ottoman

Post by Ottoman » Thu May 26, 2011 4:32 pm

for me, I was getting really desparate and felt that I just couldnt continue. I felt fragile and uncofortable around everyone in my life - including strangers and family.

My journey is continuing but I did make some breakthroughs by realizing that the fear is not real - I decided to find out what in me was out of alignment enabling the fear to take over. I embarked on a spiritual journey as well as physical through this course.

I found that some of my fear was due to a demonic attack - (I'm not sure what you're beliefs are.) If this may be the case and you are open to it see your Pastor for some prayer.

Also, I found that any doorways that I left open for evil influence to enter my life must be closed - Even though I am easy to forgive others, when I spent time in meditation, asking the Holy Spirit to assist and bring things to my mind; I found that there were many seeds that were planted in my life years ago that were now grown into oak trees and preventing me from living in freedom.

again, I'm not sure what your beliefs are - please feel free to email me directly if you like jamesruet@gmail.com

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue May 31, 2011 3:04 pm

Those are all good tips, thanks! Paislee :mrgreen:

Gingula28

Post by Gingula28 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:37 pm

I'm feeling it too. I feel like I'm in this deeper than when I started. I'm having more trouble. I know it's because I'm facing all of these issues that I've suppressed over the years. I have trouble sleeping, trouble eating, trouble going anywhere. I have wanted to stop so many times now. I've been trying so hard to stick with it. But facing this stuff is the hardest, most depressing thing I've ever done. I just want this pain to stop. For me, I have trouble being with my boyfriend. He has been there for me through everything and now whenever I see him, I panic. It hurts. But it's only week 4. I'm crying. A lot. Never used to. I think of it as releasing poisons that have been in me.
As for your daughter, You know you love her. You will be there for her. The fact that you worry about it shows someone like me that you will protect your little girl in any situation. We all need to slow down the mind.

garyhermesch52

Post by garyhermesch52 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:58 pm

As I understand the comments in the program about why the panic and anxiety get worse sometimes as we go through it is because for the first time we are giving ourselves permission to be anxious. In other words we
don't just keep running from it. It shows we are
becoming more knowledgeable about the condition and becoming less afraid of it. As we get better and better at our skills
of deflating the fear and calming ourselves down, we will continue to become less and less afraid of the panic and anxiety
and symptoms and eventually because of that (we lose our fear of them because we continue to get more and more confident
of our skills), they stop coming. Just today I was going to skip a social event after church like I usually do and I thought
of what they said in the program about not running from the panic, and since I've been studying and trying to use
the skills from the program (slow your breathing if you can, talk to yourself in a calming, soothing re-assuring way, think positive thoughts, etc.). I decided to stay for it and I really kind of enjoyed myself. Another thing I did was I told myself
"I'm not going to expect anything from this", and that sort of helped too. It also helps me to try to think about what is
it thats really bothering me, because usually its not necessarily the social event or whatever, its something else.
In the end sometimes we have to just accept the panic and live with it for awhile longer because this is a gradual process
and is going to take time.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”