I'm so stressed!

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
mramirez10

I'm so stressed!

Post by mramirez10 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:12 pm

AHHHH!!! That is how I feel today. I'm getting so stressed out today! I started session 4 yesterday. Obviously this is a struggle for me. How can I be less affected. Oh man I am bad at blaming others. I expect a lot from my kids and husband and the world. When things don't go the way I planned I get so stressed out like today. I thought I would be able to do all these things, but only half of them got done. My baby decided to be up and want to be held most the day. I just wanted him to sleep. I'm also stressed from this program. How can I possibly get everthing done from this program I want. I can't! It is impossible for me. There is no way I can get on here every day. Although I would like to because I can vent or celebrate, or discouse things I'm dealing with that many of you are dealing with. I feel like it is unrealistic for me to get on this peer site every day. Then I feel guilty like I'm not doing this program right, Is that bad? Do you think it's o.k. to get on about 3 times a week instead of every day?

victorzuma

Re: I'm so stressed!

Post by victorzuma » Wed May 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Do not give up stay the course ive also fell away a few days at a time and i am picking up very important key points that has helped me out very much and i starting to find time to read a book and i started to cycling and thats a good thing.
just one more thing at night i before i fall asleep i tell my self its working out i repeat all the positive affermations un till i sleep and i sleep . If i wake up i take care of buisness and then go on to repeat the positive untill i fall asleep. :D :D
God Bless. Victor zuma

mooper

Post by mooper » Wed May 18, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi I'm not sure what your name is but I always look for your posts on here. You are being so hard on yourself! I look at you as an inspiration and from what you write, you're going in the right direction. All you can do is take it one day at a time. That is what I tell myself when I get overwhelmed in my head. You have five children and a husband to take care of. Are you kidding me...You should be getting paid the big money! It is the hardest job in the world and you should be proud of yourself for being there for your children. You know what is helping me and this may be impossible for you to try with a baby, but I started doing yoga again and journaling. It has really calmed me and I sleep so much better at night. I feel like my head is more clear and I feel a sense of calm inside. Of course not everyday, but I am noticing that I am getting better and that I am on the right track. That is all we can do, is try to be better. Don't be hard on yourself for not coming on here everyday. Do what you can day by day. As long as we are making small progress...we are doing better. It took all of our lives to get to this point, it will take some time to get better. We're all going to have bad days...I know it has taken me long to realize that it's not going to be pefect everyday and things will not go our way all the time. We need to let go of trying to control everything. For me that is so hard! Also we need to stay in the moment and not try not to think and worry about yesterday and tomorrow. When the negative thoughts start creeping in I tell myself" STOP ! I am not torchering myself again today and tell myself that I will talk to you tonight during journal time." That way I don't have all these thoughts in my mind going all day long. Then in the evening i journal and write down what i accomplished that day and what bothered me. Sure there's days when things come up and I can't do it. I will keep you in my prayers. Try to stay positive and stick with the program. I know we can do it!!!

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:51 am

Thank you so much for the encouragement. That was a bad day! I was getting stressed over nothing really. This is deffinately going to take some time and practice for me to get over. And say to things, "It's no big deal" and mean it. Right now I say it, but don't really feel it. Thank you for the suggestions. I've tried yoga in the past for exercise and did't like it. Do you do yoga for exersice or relaxation? I'm not good at journaling, but it seems to work for others so I'm trying it. I'm making it a goal to write even just a little every day. We'll see if it helps. I am hard on my self I'm learning. My expectations are too high of my self. I got to remember it takes time to break bad habits.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”